Saturday, April 10, 2010

What's another word for steep?

Great run today. The good thing about having a lousy run, is that it's almost guaranteed that the next run will be great.

I was a bit nervous about this morning's 7.5 mile run, I hadn't run this part of the course yet, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Of course it was freezing cold, instead of last weekend's shorts and tshirt weather, and even though my ipod craps out in the cold, I brought it anyway. I made a new playlist that I thought would motivate me on the hills.

I felt really good in the beginning, but hung back at dreaded Colvin street, it's about 3/4 of a mile of steady incline, and at the end it switches to a steep incline. It was definitely hard, but not impossible. Then it turned flat for a while, until we headed into a park, and up a sharp hill. I focused on taking shorter steps, and tried to pretend I was hiking, just to make it up. Everyone in my running group wore their new group shirts, so it made it easy to see where people were along the course, which was fun.

The rest of the run was smooth sailing, I was surprised when I realized we were almost done, I felt like I could go farther, which is a good sign. I ran the last mile or so with another gal who ran at the same pace, it was nice to chat through to the end.

And thankfully my ipod lasted the whole time, here is what I listened to (and yes, I have Miley Cyrus on there):

Who Are You - the Who
Seven Nation Army - the White Stripes
Live Like You Were Dying - Tim McGraw
Today - Smashing Pumpkins
Breathe Me - Sia
Relator - Pete Yorn & Scarlet Johannsen
I'm Shipping Up to Boston - Dropkick Murphy's
See You Again - Miley Cyrus
LDN - Lily Allen
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
When Your Mind's Made Up - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
If I Ever Leave This World Alive - Flogging Molly


Tomorrow marks one year of I'm A Sleeper Baker. As I'm noticing more and more, that year went by quickly. So check in, because I have yet another giveaway, and I'll give you a hint, it's green. And no, it's not money, although that would be fun.......

17 comments:

Suzy said...

Happy Bloggy Anniversary! There is nothing wrong with Miley Cyrus...in small doses! Congrats on a great run.

Lois B said...

Molly, thanks for sharing your music list. I'm always looking for new walking music for my shuffle. Congrats on your anniversary!

mudmama said...

Good for you! I was curius abt your playlist too, glad you shared!
Happy anni! You reminded me, I just hadmy first one, too!

Liz Mays said...

Your playlist is so eclectic! Awesome. I can't believe you're hitting a year on here. Yay!

Amo said...

Happy Blogoversary! Mine was a couple of months ago and I didn't even celebrate! I love that Kelly Clarkson song, too. I don't like to admit it, but I do. My life would suck without that song.

Erin Conley said...

Yeah, Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly! Two of my favorite stateside Irish music bands... seriously, congrats on your accomplishment today, and on your blog's anniversary. I'm still kind of new to the blog deal myself, but I've enjoyed reading yours and I've appreciated your insightful comments on mine. Thanks so much!

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Woo hoo for great 7.5 mile runs:) Nice work! I agree with you...running with someone makes the time go by much faster!

Happy Bloggie Anniversary girl!! Wow, you have been blogging for one year!! Time flies when you are having fun:) Hmmm, something green??? Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Tara said...

Hey Molly! Another word for steep is HELL, yes that's right hell. Conrats on your 7.5 mile run in the cold!

Happy Blog anniversary; time sure flies huh? I hope that someday we can sign up for the same race so that we can meet each other!

H Love said...

Good job...wait to beat the hill!

ajh said...

Congratulations on the year! I love your blog!!!!

AM! said...

Hi there!
I saw your comment on Big Daddy Diesel's about tweeting and Sarah so had to swing by;-) Glad to find you! and super congrats on your first bloggy year. Looks like you're rockin' the house w/bloggyville! ;-)

Jill said...

Wow Congrats on your first whole year of blogging. Great 7.5 mile run...glad it went so well.

Unknown said...

I have not heard the Dropkick Murphy's in quite a while.

Congrats on the blogging anniversary!

Shell said...

Happy blogoversary!

I'm impressed with all your running!

Stopping in to welcome you to SITS!

Rachel Cotterill said...

Wow, that sounds great! I wish I knew how to run... I'd really like to do a marathon one day, but I have dicey knees and asthma, so I know it would be a lot of work. I'm always impressed by people who are out there doing it :)

Visiting to welcome you to SITS.

Susan Fobes said...

I'm glad you had a nice run Molly!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy blogoversary

I have plenty of words for steep, 95% of them not suitable to hear.