Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekend and the Winner


This week had it's moments. On Saturday I went out to get some lunch, and I backed into a parked car in a lot, because I was so excited to go home to eat the burrito I bought. Another day Eliza opened an umbrella in the car while I was driving, but I managed not to hit anyone else.


Another night something in the oven caught on fire while I was making the kids dinner, but we managed to avoid using the fire extinguisher. After that, Mike turned on the house fan to air the place out, without my realizing it. I was chatting with a lawn care sales guy who stopped by on a sales call, when we were finished I shut the front door. Started cleaning the kitchen, until the kids said, "lookit that smoke!" My whole family room was full of ash, that kept pumping out from the grates of the fireplace. The room, was covered in ash. All because the house fan was sucking air in to clear the place out.

On the plus side I've been good with my runs this week, hit the treadmill a few times and ran inclines. Today Mike had a rare morning home, so I managed to get outside for a beautiful 8 mile run. I even got a bit crafty with the kids this week. We took all the broken nasty crayons, and melted them into big chunks of crayon. This was a great time filler since we had to sort them out, and take the wrappers off. We used a muffin tin to form the shape, and they came out cool because as L&E drew, the color would change shades depending on which color melted where.


We're heading down to LI to visit family and friends for a few days, which I am reeeaallly looking forward to. While we're at my mom's house, a friend who is a medium is going to come over and do a reading. If you haven't read my posts about the haunted house where I grew up, you can check 'em out here and here. And here is a new story, which happened to my Mom recently. She bought a bottle of wine, uncorked it, poured a glass, put the cork back in, then sat down. Heard a pop, went to the kitchen, cork was out of the bottle. She put it back in, went and sat down, heard the pop again. Cork was out.

Do do DO do do do DO do..............


Do you like how I made you wait to see who won the Vita Top giveaway? Thanks to everyone who entered. I used random.org to find the winner, and it's.......Blue Violet at Nut in a Nutshell!


And good luck to everyone running Boston on Monday......including my cousin C, my friend C!

17 comments:

Paige (The Last Doughnut) said...

I have had one of "those" weeks too...several little things have added up to make it pretty stressful. The good news is, it's Friday...and we are going to make it!

Mary Poppins in Heels said...

I hope your week has been less colorful!

ajh said...

Oh no what a week! Glad the running part was good.I will have to go read about your house!

J said...

Oh no that sounds like everything just kept going wrong! Hopefully things will be better this weekend!

Suzy said...

I hope you have a great and relaxing weekend. Congratulations to Blue Violet.

Lisa said...

Glad you got some good runs in this week and you're going to have a good weekend with friends & family. Definitely sounds like you need it!

Congrats to Nuts in a Nutshell!!

mudmama said...

whatta wacky week!
I will be interested to hear about your reading!
Have fun :)

Susan Fobes said...

You don't scare me, LOL! (Sorry about your week...)

Amo said...

Wow, you've had a crazy week! Hang in there!

Black Knight said...

What a week! Going to read about the haunting house. However I am not scared of the ghosts, last year in Edinburgh I made the "ghosts' tour" but I didn't see any phantom even if the atmosphere was very gothic.

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

WOW! What a week at casa de Molly! Glad you made through ok!

Congrats to Blue Violet and thanks so much for stopping by on my SITS day! It felt great to be queen for a day.

Brad said...

Hi Molly soundds like a ying/yang good/bad type of week. Hope this week is a good one.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Wow, that just sucks, sorry about the fire incident and what happened afterwards. I would done exactly what your hubby did and turn on the fan.

Liz Mays said...

Why does bad stuff roll in bunches like that? Man oh man, this week is bound to be better!

Thank you soooooo much for the giveaway win! I emailed you my addy.

Tara said...

LOL. Your life totally sounds like mine Molly! I would so back into another car because I was stoked over a burrito. Yes, yes, I would.

Yea for your 8 miles! You should bribe Mike to be home more often!

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Oh crap, I really wanted those chocolate vita top yummy things:) Congrats to Blue Violet!!

Good job on getting eight miles in:) Have a fun time with your friends!! Take care Molly!

Katie said...

Oh my... I'm glad you were able to keep it together when the umbrella popped open in the car! Nicely done on the runs :)