Saturday, April 24, 2010

In case you need a kick in the pants


I wanted to share a quick story about my friend B.W., and the running of his 18th marathon, this past Monday in Boston.

B wasn't sure if he was going to be running it until four weeks ago, and at that point he had only done moderate long runs to train for a half marathon in March. Three weeks before Boston, he managed a 22 mile training run.

B ended up with a Boston PR of 6 minutes after 5 attempts, and it was his 2nd fastest marathon of his 18 marathons.

B finished with a 5:55 as his fastest mile of the day! His time was 2:43:10.

I mean, seriously. Wow.

B ran in memory of his father who passed away nearly 14 years ago to the day of the Boston Marathon. I haven't seen B in a long time, but I am so impressed with what he has accomplished with his running, and I'm proud of him.

Go B.W.!!!!

10 comments:

ajh said...

This is impressive!

Susan Fobes said...

Sometime your strength comes from other things(from inside yourself)...

mudmama said...

that's awesome!
The "Music City Marathon" was here today in Nashville in spite of storms rolling in. Next year my DH wants to do it and I think my sis-in-law is going to come in from England for it, maybe you could check it out! :)
Congratz to your friend!!

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
Your friend B is a speedster!! Holy crap is he fast!! Go B...you rock:)

Teamarcia said...

That is awesome! WTG B! Amazing what lies within us sometimes...

Angelia Sims said...

Woah!! That is smoking! And with virtually NO training? I am stunned by his dedication and pursuit. What a great blog post to support your friend. My first HALF marathon took about that long. LOL.

Johann said...

That is a mean pace! Congrats to him!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Black Knight said...

2.43.10 is really fast. Congrats to him.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

What a great story, thanks for sharing

Nicki said...

I am sure I saw him cross the finish line - or close as I was at 26 miles.