Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gisele I'm not, but I can try


I'm not a big Vogue magazine reader, but I buy their April issue every year, because it's the "Shape" month, where they focus on body, and diet, etc. I also had to buy it since Gisele was on the cover (who, if I have a favorite supermodel, it would be her), with an article talking about having her baby, and life with Tom Brady (who I really can't stand because he plays for New England, and his dumping of Bridget Moynahan, but he's hot).

So we're making dinner the other night, and I showed Mike this picture of Gisele doing yoga, and thinking I'm all hot stuff, I decide to demonstrate it for Mike. It went something like this:

Me: look, I can do her pose.
Mike: whatever, I can do it too (proceeds to do the pose)
Me: no you can't. Her arm and leg creates a perfect square, you're making a triangle.
Mike: lets see you do it again.
Me: posing
Mike: You can't do it either! You're making a triangle too.

Well I tried.

I went out to Fleet Feet today and got myself a foam roller. I've been wanting to get one for a while, and they just mailed me a $25 rewards coupon, which gave me a perfect excuse to buy it. I've been thinking lately how running isn't as cheap of a sport as people would have you believe. You have to have the right shoes, good sunglasses, sunscreen, comfy running clothes. I could have easily dropped some major cash today, looking at water bottles, GU, and fanny pack type things (which I am seriously thinking of wearing for the Mountain Goat, to hold all my crap because I'm so high maintenance). But its funny, I never feel guilty about buying something fitness related, but I do when I buy something like a pair of jeans. Unless they're cute jeans........that make my butt look good.

16 comments:

ajh said...

Hope the foam roller works. I love mine (and miss it because I didn't bring it on vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! "unless they're cute jeans that make my butt look good"!

Molly, I will totally overspend on my daughter; she, too, is all about the girlie-girl look. But when it comes to me? They have to make my butt look really, really good!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Your gonna fall in love with your roller, I have asked mine to marry me

misszippy said...

Damn Giselle and her perfect self! ; )

I love my foam roller--hope you like yours too.

Pining for Pinterest said...

Awesome!! I could not even pretend to do that!!

Unknown said...

I love my foam roller, and don't even get me started about the expensive sport of triathlon!!

Susan Fobes said...

Molly you're funny! I can tell you that the yoga move you show will never be achieved with my body. LOL! And I am with you on the jeans-if you look good coming and going, slap the cash down!

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
How and the hell can flipping super model look so freaking good just a little bit after having a baby!!! Whatever! I thought you were going to tell us that you attempted to do the pose and fell over and broke something:)

I can also do big time damage when I am shopping like that:) You are right...find me a pair of jeans that make my ass look fabulous and I am sold!!!

April said...

Too funny!
I need a foam roller too....and a new pair of good jeans...;)

J said...

Haha that totally sounds like me! Look I can do that pose...haha maybe not!

akjenniekt said...

I know what you mean about the fitness gear (I think I've spent close to 200 in the last 2 months getting "set up")- but, same as you, I don't mind the fitness expenses :). It's funny, I read an article once that said running was the cheapest thing you could do to get in shape, just put on some shoes and run out your front door.......Yeah, right:)!!

Amo said...

Oh, Giselle's body. To have that body would be great! I always feel guilty when I buy myself clothes, but I never feel guilty when buying clothes for my son - even if he doesn't need them and I do!

Ann On and On... said...

Great post! It's like when my husband and I go to a sporting goods store he always asks if I need something, but when we go to "normal" stores he never asks. I need good running shoes. What do you wear? Why?

I am part of the "welcome wagon" at SITS. We want to make sure you know how much we appreciate you joining our SITSerhood. I'm hosting a "luxury" giveaway...come on over.

kristen said...

I know what you mean. I rarely every feel guilty about buying fitness related stuff. I always say, "you can't put a price on good health" that seems to justify it :)

I think running is a cheap sport to *enter into*. Swimming - you need a pool (or gym membership) and lessons. Biking - you need a bike (which good ones cost hundreds), Hockey - um, no idea how expensive until hubby started that hobby back up - the gear is crazy expensive. etc.. Anyways, I guess the more into running you get the more you spend.....race entry fees can be pretty spendy too. Especially if they are out of town and you need a hotel. All worth it though! I wonder how much money I spent last year on fitness related stuff. I don't think I want to know....

Felice Devine said...

Hope you love the foam roller. Can't live w/out mine!

Unknown said...

I think that photo of Giselle is too skinny. She is beautiful but thats just too thin.
Anyways, jeans and running gear are totally ok to buy!!