Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rollin' Along


It's been another good week fitness wise, I feel like I have a pretty good schedule figured out, which takes the guess work out of my days. Most of my runs were on the treadmill, and yesterday was another yoga day, but today I got to run a new route outside with my running group.

The weather is finally nice enough to feel as if winter is truly behind us, this morning we did seven miles in a part of town that was new to me, which is a nice change. I feel like I've claimed Saturday mornings for running. I ran Saturday's all through the winter with the group, and I plan on keeping it up, and do my longest run of the week on Saturdays. That way I don't have to worry during the week about Mike getting home from work on time for me to head out, or to get up earlier than usual to fit it in before he leaves. I think it's good all around, while I'm out running Mike has Saturday mornings alone with L&E which I know they all enjoy. Then I'll let him sleep in on Sundays, give him some affection, then it's all good.

Here are details of my run today. Just 'cause:

Time: 01:10:39
Distance: 7.08 mi
Calories: 980 C
Avg Pace: 09:58 min/mi
Best Pace: 07:15 min/mi

The photo is from the next race on my calendar, the Boilermaker 15k on July 11. It will be my fourth year running it. And is it me, or is it weird that the Moody Blues are playing at the post race party? I didn't know they were still an item.........don't forget the Bondi Band Giveaway.....it ends May 26th!

15 comments:

Tricia said...

glad youre having nice weather

Susan Fobes said...

You're right-the weather is just perfect (not too hot, not too cold). We did a 2.5 mile hike today to check out my new shoes-not bad...

Tim Wilson said...

I love the warmer weather, but then the problem is it gets too hot :)

It is nice running with a group, my group meets Tuesday evenings.

J said...

The weather really has been good! Today it was so hot out though!! I am excited for the Boilermaker too - that 9 mile marker is my favorite!! We can try and see each other! There are so many people! I still need to sign up!

Felice Devine said...

Nice run.
The Moody Blues playing is about as weird as The Who playing the Superbowl.

MCM Mama said...

Nice run!

I hope to hit the Boilermaker next year!

Anonymous said...

I so admire you for your goals and your running...ya think I'm too laden with all the kugel? It's heavy stuff, you know.

I do love the weather, even if I'm waddling not running. LOL. It's not THAT bad. Yet.

Unknown said...

I agree about the weather. I finally changed over my closet to summer stuff. Now I just have to get up the courage to put my fleece pj pants away...

Lucky Girl said...

Wow! Amazing goals! The weather here in Michigan is supposed to be in the high 80's all next week. That will make it a challenge to find a cool time for exercise... Just another reason I need a pool!

RunnerDude said...

Looks like your training is going well! Best of luck on the 11th!! Enjoy Moody Blues! LOL!

Black Knight said...

Enjoy this weather for quality workouts. Good job on the run and ... be ready for the 15 k on July.

ajh said...

Have fun with the Moody Blues. And you are right. I am happy with Julie's giveaway winner!

Tara said...

The Moody Blues are still together? I had NO idea. Of course, I didn't know that The Who were together either until I saw them play the superbowl!

That will be kind of fun after your run!

Mark said...

Would you believe that despite my best efforts to make this race four years in a row, something has always come up! Everyone... EVERYONE says that I have to run this race. I mean... c'mon.. any race that ends at a brewery?!

btw... did not watch LOST until last night with the wifey. So good, but I had a feeling, honestly, that it was heading in that direction. Then my wife got into this heavy philosophical discussion about whether or not this all existed in their subconsciousness from the day the plane crashed. And what is with Benjamin ? Was he IN the church because he was a bad boy? Hmmm.. Did you notice that when Jack walked into the church that Kate had on a different outfit and makeup from two minutes earlier when she was in the car with him?

Mark said...

oops.. should have written "not" in the church. was this some heavy metaphor for something else?

anyway... off to do mile repeats... great fun!