Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm running....around.


I haven't run in a week. yikes! I logged a couple of short runs, and one seven mile run before our trip to LI, but since that, nada. I was hoping to get a run in at my Mom's, but that never happened.

Yesterday I had planned a long run in the afternoon on the treadmill, I stretched, got my gear out, got Luke settled, and then I got on facebook. Then blogger. Then email. You see where I'm going here. I just didn't feel like doing it. Then I looked at the clock, realized Eliza would be up soon, so I took a long shower instead.

When I'm in what I call my running groove, I will run every other day, sometimes every day. I get to the point where I'm thinking of my next run, before I even finish a run. But when I fall out of the habit, I really fall out. I still think of going for a run, I plan it, but then it doesn't happen.

This summer has been really busy, weekends, as well as during the week. I've been letting the kids stay up waaaay too late, they are usually tucked in by 8, and this week bedtime has been more like 9:30, and, forgive me kids, ten! No more excuses, I need to get in gear if I'm going to be running the Rochester Half Marathon in September.

We're going to Rochester tomorrow for a BBQ, and I was thinking of driving the course, but I probably won't. I lived there for 5 years, the city is pretty flat, so I don't think I have any crazy inclines to worry about. I've got a long run planned for Sunday, after which I hope to relax under a tree.

5 comments:

ShutUpandRun said...

Molly, I am dying laughing at your post on my blog about the dry cleaning outfit. That is the funniest thing ever that someone thought you were an abortion. Takes the cake.

Unknown said...

I know I say this all the time, but we have got to run sometime!! I'm planning on at least 10 on Sunday morning around 6 ish. Care to join?

Mandee said...

I had to stop by and tell you that tonight I made brownies with crumbled bacon in them! Ever since I read your post about bacon and brownies I have been dying to try it! I'll try anything once! It was actually pretty good! I plan on blogging a little about it tomorrow, and of course I'm going to mention you! :)

Brittany at Mommy Words said...

Oops I haven't run in say, I don't know, years! Good for you getting any in and good luck training for the half marathon. We are trying to get these summer bedtimes under control too! UGH.

Thirty Seconds said...

I have non-running guilt too! Like you...I blame FB, blogging, email, twitter...they're all evil. (Are sloths behind the social media boom?)