How's it going weight loss peeps? I for one am in a great mood, I must be doing something right, the scale didn't let me down this morning!
For Week #2, I focused more on my diet. I kept up all my running, and although I wanted to do planks every day, I faltered a bit in that area.
This is where I succeeded:
- I ate bananas. I'm not a huge fan, I only eat them in smoothies, or sometimes I'll have half of one before a long run. I'm always picking on my sis in law Jeannine, because she sometimes eats 2 or 3 in one DAY, but apparently they help keep you feeling full. So I've been eating one a day, and they do seem to hit the spot.
- If I needed a little something, instead of having a cracker, I had nuts. Peanuts and raisins is my new favorite snack combo.
- I also ate a Tic Tac if I had the urge to snack, but wasn't really hungry.
- I cut back on my wine. Although I did have beers on St. Patrick's Day.
- Exercise wise, I kept up my running, but I also started tracking my walks with Frank, on Sunday I took him for a 2.5 mile walk. I usually walk him three times a day, and that adds up to over a mile a day of just walking.
I'm going to continue with these changes, and exercise wise I'll be better about planks (did I mention I hate them?) and I'm going to work on push ups. I'm up to three sets of 10, with a few seconds rest in between, and I have to do the girl version.
So my weight loss friends, I hope you had a great Week #2. Since I don't go to a gym, I have to rely on floor work and DVD's to get my strength work in, and I would rather run than do that any day. My question this week is....are you more of a cardio person, or a strength person? If you had to do one or the other which would you pick?
Here is another weight loss factoid, courtesy of Harmony at Keep on Keeping On: Don't weigh yourself with wet hair!
Have a great week! : )
* I copied this Bloom County cartoon from my own copy of Classics of Western Lit by Berke Breathed.