Friday, March 25, 2011

bitter spray. and other stuff.

I broke my camera the other night. Mike and I were goofing around in the kitchen, and I put on Luke's winter coat to do my rendition of Fat Guy in a Little Coat.  Mike wanted to take a photo to mock me with on facebook, so as I handed the camera to him, it slipped out of my hand and bounced on the floor. It was pretty old, but I hate not having one right now, because I take photos almost every day.  Until the tax man sends me some cash for a new one, I'm going to have to make due with my cell phone.

Luckily, I had already downloaded a bunch of photos, like this one from the St Patty's Day parade. Mike has three kidneys, so I had to get one of this dancing kidney.





Frank the Tank chewed through another leash, so while I was out buying him a new one, I bought a bottle of this stuff called Bitter Yuck, which you spray on whatever you don't want animals to chew on.  And I can honestly tell you it tastes like crap. Want to know why? After I sprayed it on the leash, I took Frank for a quick walk, came inside, then made my lunch.  Only I forgot to wash my hands, so my veggie burger tasted like crap.  I did something similar once before with Ben Gay, so I guess I'll never learn.


They also have weird things like this at the pet store:





Thanks for the feedback on the television placement, everyone seems to like it above the fireplace.  But listen to this one, now he wants to buy ANOTHER television. He wants to move the one in the family room into our bedroom, and put the one in our room in the guest room.  Then he'll get "just a smaller" flat screen to fit in the space in the family room. Then mount the flat screen on the living room wall.  Got all that? 

I still want a new couch.

Mike sure is featured a lot in this post.

How good was The Office last night?!  I don't think my theory is correct anymore, I thought Michael and Holly were going to go off and have their own quirky traveling consulting company.  It definitely won't be the same without Michael, but I found a new show to make me feel better about him leaving. Last weekend while channel surfing, I came across this show called Portlandia on IFC, with Fred Armisen from SNL.  Watch it. It's hilarious. 

Okay, enough television talk.  

Crazy hilly training run #2 tomorrow morning! I'm actually excited for it.


Happy Weekend : )

27 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Nails for cats???? Very weird! Guys are all about the TVs....my hubby would have one in every room if I let him....yes even the bathroom!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Moving the TV into the living room is one thing, getting another TV is another, I would veto it, do you know how many race fees can be paid for the cost of another TV???? How you spin it off "I dont want to have the kids have access to TV all the time, we are going to be a healthy family and be active, we dont need another tv"

chris mcpeake said...

I dont think my cat is going to go for kitty caps at all.

Unknown said...

I was actually going to suggest another TV in the last post. That solves all problems! Mike and I should be friends Molly!

Christi said...

I am like Jeff and your husband. I love my tvs so I would probably buy another one. I need a couch as well but that doesn't come until the teenager in my house leaves!

Caps for nails???? That is just weird! Did you know that they make jewelry for cats. That is weird too!

Lisa said...

What an eclectic post - and all part of it were quite interesting. You always have such interesting things to share - really, fake nails for cats? Hysterical!!! Happy Friday! Have a great weekend.

kristen said...

I love your random posts. You are so funny.

I had to skip over you office paragraph. Have not watched yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Those kitty caps are freaky as hell. I've seem them before. WTF?! Who buys that shit.

I'm going to email you right now.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Yep, bitter yuck tastes like crap. I bought it when Bella was a puppy. I had to try it just to see what I was subjecting her to. I nearly threw up, but it didn't work at all with her. I might as well have put bacon grease on everything.

I've never tried those nail caps because my cat is declawed. If I'd known then what I know now about declawing, I'd have never done it. Lots of vet clinics are refusing to do it now. I'll never do it again with any future cats I may have.

I so hate to see Michael leave The Office, but I'm kind of excited about Will Ferrell coming on!

Teamarcia said...

I am loving those press-ons for felines--too funny!
I guess the bitter yuck is one way to lose weight huh?
Damn I missed The Office due to some rollicking fun at school Pizza Bingo. Edgy I know.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

If you can find a store that carries Lupine collars and leashes, buy one they are worth the investment. They are 100% replaceable, even if Frank chews through it. Both of my dogs chewed through leashes as a puppy. it was as easy as going to the store and exchanging for a new one.

Johann said...

One of the gels I carried with me in last week’s race popped and all the gel went over my camera. I was walking while licking the camera. Must have looked totally crazy! The camera still works but is sticky in places you can’t imagine. Have a great weekend!

Jill said...

Kitty caps? That is just plain weird. But the dancing kidney is the best...too cute! :)

Sorry about your camera - I think I'd be lost without mine, too. Hope Mr. Taxman pays up here soon!!

Happy Weekend, girl!!

Laura said...

I'd like to meet the person who can GET those caps on a cat. I'd be a scratched up mess. Was I the only one who thought you shouldn't put the TV over the fireplace? I think the fireplace is the focus....

Kristin @NyceLife said...

That's so cool about the kidneys- do they a 3 work/have ureters, etc.? Fascinating! Nice to have a spare too.

giraffy said...

Those cat caps are weird. I'd love to see someone try that, though....

H Love said...

I vote COUCH! Rock your hills!

Heather said...

kitty caps? that's just bizarre. bummer about the camera breaking...I've been taking most of my pictures lately with my phone because I always have it with me. chris farley always cracks me up!!!

Fruit Fly said...

Huh! I didn't know that is what a kidney looks like. You learn something new every day!

ajh said...

My cats told me to stop reading your post!

Annie said...

If Jeff could put a T.V in every room in our house he would.

The Green Girl said...

Urgh, I'm sorry. If I had a list of all the things I've broken.

Amy said...

3 kidneys?! Neat! Too bad about your camera. New camera before new tv, I hope!

Black Knight said...

I hope that the hilly run went well.
Sorry for your camera, we need your photos!!!
My cat is the owner so I hope that she never finds a human store with weird things for us.

Caratunk Girl said...

Whoa! See, now he wants another TV? Boys. I think you guys need to get a new camera first. :) I am very clumsy and break...everything. John won't even let me hand him the video camera.

Unknown said...

My dog LOVES the Bitter spray stuff. We got it to stop her from chewing and she just licked it like it was the greatest thing in the world. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

bummer on the camera!! hate it when stuff like that happens. I have determined there is no way to train our cat. he doesn't chew on things, but I can't keep him off or out of anything

Rahshell said...

not sure if anyone else suggested Lupine brand for collars and leashes. 100% replaceable, keep the tag and the receipt. Our groomer sells them. :) I wish I had found bitter yuck when my dog was a puppy