Thursday, March 3, 2011

A is for Axe


I love reading these kind of posts, so I'm doing it too.  : )


A - age: turned 39 at the end of January. Gulp.

B - bed: queen sized, I feel lost in a King.

C - chore you hate: changing the toilet paper roll. and for some reason I'm the only one who does it.

D - dogs: Frank the puppy, who we adopted from an animal rescue. His vet said we need to put him on adult food soon, because he's growing so fast.

E - essential start your day item: H20. Followed by coffee. I kind of want a one cup coffee maker on my nightstand.

F - favorite color: black. I have 18 black shirts, 4 black sweaters, 4 pairs of black pants, 3 black coats, 2 pairs of black boots, 2 pairs black loafers, and one pair of black birkenstocks.

G - gold or silver: platinum

H - height: 5 '10

I - instruments you play: flute, and whatever I can remember of the piano.  Five years ago I sat down and played a bit on a piano in front of Mike, and he almost fell on the floor. He had no clue.

J - job title: cook, waitress, laundress, housecleaner, dog walker, chauffer, food shopper, car cleaner, teacher, entertainer, social secretary, runner, seamstress, budgeter/bill payer, blogger, wife, mom, daughter, friend, sister, cousin, niece, grandaughter, lover of reality television, movies, music, magazines and books.

K - kids: Luke and Eliza. Best things that ever happened to me.

L - live: Central NY

M - mom's name: Maureen. I call her Reenie to her face.

N - nick name: Sleeper, Moll, Cookie Puss,

O - overnight hospital stays: two, after my kids were born.  Luke took 31.5 hours of labor, E took 3.5.

P - pet peeve: when people use the word AND when saying the year. For example, two thousand AND eleven.  AND means period, so that would mean 20.11.  Just say, two thousand eleven. Please.

Q - quote from a movie:  "See, I'm on this new diet. Well, I don't eat anything, and right before I feel I'm going to faint, I eat a cube of cheese. I'm one stomach flu away from my goal weight."

R - right or left handed: right.

S - siblings: I'm the oldest. There are four girls and one boy who come after me. And we all have cool names. My brother's name is Gage.

T - time you wake up: hmmmm. The first time? Usually before dawn, and I lay there for about an hour.  Then I manage to fall asleep before Mike's alarm goes off. I get up for good at 7:20.

U - underwear: thong tha thong thong thong.

V - vegetable you dislike: green peppers. I've tried, I just can't do it.

W - what makes you late: I am never late. I'm usually early, then I wait in the car until it's time to go in.

X- rays you've had done - I've had three on my right ankle (once when I was on vacation in New Orleans and I broke it. and once in college, when I broke it then, and one other time when I just sprained it), and my teeth.

Y - yummy food you make - I'm a whiz at anything you can fit into a casserole dish.

Z - zoo animal favorite - meerkats. Half the time they're laying around like couch potatoes, the other half they're standing there looking like they should be smoking a cigarette.

32 comments:

Emz said...

OKAY
OKAY
OKAY

Cookie Puss

you. must. explain. ;)

Kimberly said...

A one-cup on the nightstand? GENIUS.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

You sure have alot of jobs, dunno how your able to train ;-)

One Crazy Penguin said...

Brilliant! I have to go buy a single cup coffee maker immediately to put on the night stand.

KovasP said...

I love one-pot meals, my wife, not so much.

Michelle said...

Love the quote - just saw that movie again last Friday :)

Jill said...

Black rules! And pink but mostly black! :)

FLATOUT JIM said...

One more year to another age group!

Annie said...

Just curious, just you count all your black stuff before this post? If I counted my clothes ect, Jeff wouldn't know about my hidden stashes ;)

Lisa said...

I've read tons of these A-Z posts and you are the first one to mention dental x-rays (clever!).

Meerkats are funny - did you used to watch the animal planet show Meerkat Manner? Sucked me in - never quite understood why, but they were sure cute.

Quick question - how cold are your feet in your axe/wood picture? Brrrr.

Darlene said...

And i thought it was just my house that no one else changes the toilet paper roll.

Brittney said...

I too have a black clothing problem ;)

Christi said...

I love your description of meerkats. That is just too funny!

Stacey said...

I love these posts too!
The Devil Wears Prada..love that movie!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

About the year thing... I do something that gets on my own damn nerves and I never catch it until I've already said it.

For years we were, in the single digits, so in 2001, you didn't say, "Two thousand one," you said, "oh one," right? And oh two, oh three, and so forth. And now I can't stop! Starting with 2010 I caught myself saying "oh ten." It's not oh ten, stupid! It's just TEN! And this is just ELEVEN, not OH eleven.

I did it again just yesterday. I was referring to something that had to be completed by 9/2012 and I said "September of oh twelve."

ajh said...

I said pink but I must say I also love black. One cannot have too many black jackets!

Anonymous said...

How funny you know exactly how many black items you have. Loved your post!

Rad Runner said...

Cookie Puss, :)meerkats RULE (remember the show!?)

Anonymous said...

I love the billion job titles. Everytime I see a meerkats i am going to wonder - where's his smokes.

Caratunk Girl said...

Me too on the toilet paper!! That picture is hilarious. I can't deal with thongs. And I love that you shocked Mike with the piano.

The Green Girl said...

I loved this. So much fun to read.

Heather said...

That was funny about the meerkats, now I have that mental image in my head! You must be tired from all of those jobs, get some rest.

Unknown said...

My husband NEVER changes the toilet paper roll and it drives me nutso! :)

Love you list!

Unknown said...

I'd like to know how you can sleep until 7:20 and still get Luke on the bus...very impressive.

Hannah said...

You are 5'10?! That is awesome.

Anonymous said...

31 hours of labor!? Yikes!!!

Black Knight said...

I like your sense of humor!
The Black Knight is glad you like the black color!
Very nice post.

Johann said...

Good one Molly! "Sleeper"...I like that. "Cookie Puss"...???

Xenia said...

Molly! I've had so much to catch up on... but your posts have given me such a good smile. This one is especially funny - except a king bed is too big? There's no such thing as too big of a bed, I want miles between me and anyone coming near me when I sleep.

And green peppers aren't as tasty as the red ones, but they're still good! Are you sure you don't want to give them another shot? :)

Julie said...

Oh my dear Molly,
I had to laugh at the A is for axe!! Yes, it is so you:) I was thinking that you either killed something to eat with it...or you hurt yourself with it:)

This was fun to read. The Devil Wears Prada rocks! I love that movie and quote too:) Take care Molly! Hugs!

Suzy said...

7:20???? How in the world do you get to sleep so late with kids? The bus goes by our house at 7:28.

Fruit Fly said...

Pet peeves are my favorite part of the list. And yours is so unique - and such a great point!