Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weigh In Wednesday




How's it going weight loss peeps?  I for one am in a great mood, I must be doing something right, the scale didn't let me down this morning!

For Week #2, I focused more on my diet.  I kept up all my running, and although I wanted to do planks every day, I faltered a bit in that area. 

This is where I succeeded:

  • I ate bananas.  I'm not a huge fan, I only eat them in smoothies, or sometimes I'll have half of one before a long run.  I'm always picking on my sis in law Jeannine, because she sometimes eats 2 or 3 in one DAY, but apparently they help keep you feeling full.  So I've been eating one a day, and they do seem to hit the spot.
  • If I needed a little something, instead of having a cracker, I had nuts.  Peanuts and raisins is my new favorite snack combo.
  • I also ate a Tic Tac if I had the urge to snack, but wasn't really hungry.
  • I cut back on my wine.  Although I did have beers on St. Patrick's Day.
  • Exercise wise, I kept up my running, but I also started tracking my walks with Frank, on Sunday I took him for a 2.5 mile walk.  I usually walk him three times a day, and that adds up to over a mile a day of just walking.
I weighed in this morning, and I lost.......FOUR POUNDS.  FOUR!  I weighed myself three times, and even moved the scale to different parts of the floor to make sure I wasn't seeing things.  I know that's a lot for one week, but I'm really motivated now to keep it up.

I'm going to continue with these changes, and exercise wise I'll be better about planks (did I mention I hate them?) and I'm going to work on push ups. I'm up to three sets of 10, with a few seconds rest in between, and I have to do the girl version. 

So my weight loss friends, I hope you had a great Week #2.  Since I don't go to a gym, I have to rely on floor work and DVD's to get my strength work in, and I would rather run than do that any day.  My question this week is....are you more of a cardio person, or a strength person?  If you had to do one or the other which would you pick? 

Here is another weight loss factoid, courtesy of Harmony at Keep on Keeping On:  Don't weigh yourself with wet hair!

Have a great week! : )

* I copied this Bloom County cartoon from my own copy of Classics of Western Lit by Berke Breathed. 

32 comments:

giraffy said...

FOUR?! Congrats!! I'm down 2!

Let's see. I think last week I committed to hydrating better, and.. I did do *better*, but it's still not great. I still need to work on that. I also continued logging e v e r y bite, which is tedious, but it totally works. Plus, I was able to pick up running again, and I think that was key in my 2lbs :D

Katie said...

Awesome!! Keep it up with the planks, they really do wonders!

Lol on the factoid, I've experimented weighing myself with wet hair and then after blow drying and it is usually a 1/2 lb difference :D

J said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds! That is awesome! I hate planks too!

Liz Mays said...

You made me laugh when you said you moved the scale around the floor. I do that too! You are doing so great!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job!! Very nice work.

Emz said...

four.
freaking
rocks.

way to go!!!!!

and a huge THANK YOU for the donation. SOOOOOOO appreciated.

Black Knight said...

Congrats on the 4!!! A well balanced diet and regular exercise together are the best solution.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Great job, Molly! But I'd be lying if I said I didn't hate you a little bit right now. lol I'm stuck. I lost 3 lbs pretty quickly, and it's not going anywhere else. I'm measuring my food and tracking my calories. I'm still running and cross training, and it's not budging even though I'm averaging a 300-500 calorie deficit every day. It's pissing me off!

Anonymous said...

Cardio all the way! Great weight loss!

Christina said...

I had to laugh at "I weighed myself three times, and even moved the scale to different parts of the floor to make sure I wasn't seeing things."

I do that ALL the time ... to make sure my gain is REAL. Haha!

I'm working on losing. It's frustrating!

Carly said...

Congrats on the four. I lost 3.4 again this week (which I nearly fainted when I saw that one!).

Teamarcia said...

Oh no definitely not wet hair!
Woot for FOUR! Amazing!
I am so naturally a strength girl. I can look sideways and build muscle. Running is more challenging for me.
My number this week is -2. Next week will tell the tale as it's spring break!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 4 pounds! Great progress!

Lisa said...

You should vote me off the ranch - I'm definitely the weakest link. congrats on your 4 pounds. I weighed in after I ate breakfast and it said I gained 1.5 pounds so . . . I'm REALLY hoping that was my breakfast (I had 2 bottles of water so I'm thinking it was a lot of the issue). I will try to weigh in a gain later this week before I eat breakfast. Sorry.
For my 2nd week, I got in my long run. I drank less wine (too). I ate less of my HDL plan (instead of dark chocolate and nuts and wine everyday, I had only one a day). I need to really return to discipline so week 3 will be all about discipline and focus!!!!! That will be my mantra week 3 - discipline & focus!

H Love said...

4 pounds!! Woo Hoo!! You are being so disciplined...nice job getting your nanna's in!

Rad Runner said...

OH! Go GIRLLLLLLLL!

ajh said...

Great job. I went out to eat tonight and even had dessert. But I was good the rest of the week. Oh yeah, I am going out again tomorrow night. This is very unusual for me! Fun but not so good for the weight. Good for you on your loss! And get the snow out of this section of the country!

Susan Fobes said...

First, way to go! Second, I hate bananas-they remind me of being ill because my mother would always try to get me to eat them after a bout of a stomach bug. And third, I love working out with weights and hate cardio!

Terri said...

Lost one - very impressed by your four! :) Thanks for hosting this!

Anne said...

Way to go Molly!! :)


http://www.anne-asthmaandthegiftofrunning.blogspot.com/

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Holy cow!!! Nice job!!!! $ pounds isnt easy in a week

I love to lift, if I wasnt a racer, i would lift alot more, now I just do functional lifting to for injury prevent

Annie said...

Awesome job Molly. Let's see--I stayed away from Coldstone.......and lost the 3 lbs I gained on my little binge, so I am back to square one. I have been having protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and almonds for snacks, with some sort of healthy dinner. And I cut back on the wine.
I get consumed by cardio, but really enjoy strength training which boots metabolism, so my goal this week it to add it back into my routine!

Tortuga_Runner said...

LOL I totally move my scale around on the floor too, you are too funny. Fantastic job on the 4 pounds. My body and scale are both a little schizophrenic lately. Like huge swings within the week. I know I am dehydrated again so I think my body is just reacting to that and stress. I need to late off weighing it, but it can get addicting. Good luck and keep it up!

The Green Girl said...

Wow, congratulations, girl, that's awesome!

I'm so glad you are loving the sweatshirt and wearing it proudly!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

wow!! 4 lbs is HUGE! Great job!!!

Johann said...

That's really great! Well done Molly! I don't diet or try to lose weight. It just keeps going down at the moment as I’m running myself to death every week. Upping the km’s so down come the kg’s.

Unknown said...

Sweet!! I do the whole move the scale around thing to make sure it's for real too!! Nice job!

Michelle said...

4 lbs is fantastic! Congrats!!

Christi said...

Congrats!

misszippy said...

Four pounds is huge! Way to master it. Keep up the great work.

Strength vs. cardio? Cardio all the way, but--I know how important strength is, so I keep at it also.

Unknown said...

Way to go!! This is awesome!!!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! that's awesome! I wish that I could learn to like bananas. My hubby eats them all the time and I can't stomach them at all. :(