Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let's play another round of Weigh In Wednesday

I've been out of the loop for the past several days. 

Busy with kid things, husband things, life things, and....sickness things! What a surprise huh? I don't think I've ever been as sick as I have been this winter.  Sunday night I came down with either a stomach bug, or food poisoning.  I'm leaning towards it being something I ate, since knock on wood, no one else has been sick.  Sunday we were out and thinking of what to grab for lunch, and we were near a Chinese place that I heard good things about.  Mike and I were the only ones who ate it, I ordered steamed chicken and mixed veggies, which Mike didn't sample at all.  I ended up getting sick, so I think that was the culprit.  I'll spare you the gory details, but I was sick until Tuesday, and it wasn't fun.

Because of that, I figured I would have lost a bit since the last weigh in. But NO. I weighed myself first thing this morning, and the number was the same as last week.  Mike took today off, so we had a rare mid-week, child-free morning to spend at Starbucks, the Vet, the DMV, Target, Best Buy, and Wegmans.  While we were out, I had coffee, water and a banana, and when we got home, I went to take a shower, and I figured I'd weigh myself again. This time, I gained 2 pounds!  That's what I get for breaking the rule from Week 1...weigh yourself once, first thing in the morning, and that's it!

I'm sure I'm out of whack after being sick, so I'm just going with it. I'm going to run tomorrow, have to do seven miles on Saturday, and I haven't run since the weekend, so I need to get back on track.  I've been missing my chocolate, I'm a four o'clock sweets person, I like to have a little something to tide me over until dinner, and all those Easter candy displays aren't helping matters!  Not the chips, not the pretzels, the chocolate. 

This weeks question: what makes you happy, salty? or sweet? or the ultimate combo....salty&sweet??

and........week #3's weight loss factoid is courtesy of Jackie Warner: when choosing bananas, go for one that is perfectly ripe, or slightly under-ripe.  The riper they are, the higher the sugar content.

Above is the photo I took this morning with my phone, to chart my progress visually as well as by the scale.......still no camera, but I'm working on it. 

So how did my weight loss blends do??  Hope everyone's having a great week : )

26 comments:

giraffy said...

FINALLY, 3lbs down. Puts me at 4lbs in the last 4 weeks, so I'll take it :D

Carly said...

Ugh. Up 2.4 as of last Friday. Can you tell my life has been stressful? I need to work on getting back on track...

Stacey said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Annie said...

I am stuck in some horrible no weight loss twilight zone. I am at a loss :(

Annie said...

And I am sorry to hear about the sickness. Glad you are feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of sweet, but am growing more and more fond of salty sweet. Why couldn't I be growing more fond of something good for me like beets? Some say it takes more than 7 days for weight loss to show - go with that.

Lisa said...

I've gained 2 pounds (sigh!). Sorry to be letting the whole challenge team down. It's an extra 500 calories daily to equal such a catastrophe so starting tomorrow - I'll reign it back in. I have to refocus and buckle down, not just for this challenge, but also because in one month from today I have to get my official follow up triglyceride test done - and at this point, I need to get BACK.ON.THE.WAGON!!!!!!!

Evolving Through Running said...

Hope you're feeling better. Gotta break that sick cycle. Winter needs to go away.

Sweet & salty - no doubt about it. Chocolate-covered pretzels are sweet/salty little pieces of joy. I could, and have, devoured them until I felt ill. Whoever came up with that combo need a big hug, followed by a swift kick. I am powerless against them.

ajh said...

You look good. At least you are weighing yourself. I have given up totally for awhile which is never a good sign. Can't decide on the salty or sweet. Wait, it's sweet for sure.

Unknown said...

Definitely sounds like food related sickness... glad you are feeling better! And that will totally throw off your weight! Don't get frustrated... you look amazing! :)

Unknown said...

Sorry you were sick but glad you're feeling better. Thanks for sharing the tip about the banana! Never thought about that but it made sense.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

That's really interesting about the banana sugar content. Lucky for me I like 'em green! :D

Michelle said...

Sorry about the food poisoning....glad you're feeling better! Oh and that salty-sweet combo is a killer for me!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Ugh--food poisoning. HOpe you are feeling better Molly!!

30 push-ups?! Awesome!! I'm working on getting there--and for the record, you look GORG!! Very tiny, but healthy.

I bet you will be done if you weigh yourself tomorrow. Your body is still recovering I bet. I have been following a GF diet for a week and am down a couple lobs--likely b/c I can't shove EVERYTHING in my face!! ha!

Unknown said...

I agree with Jess!! You do look gorgeous!!!

Salty sweet for me. I love salty popcorn and jelly beans when i watch a movie :)

Caratunk Girl said...

I hope you are feeling better!! You look awesome BTW.

I am sure your body is still recovering and the weigh 1 time thing is super important, I wish scales would just disappear for 24hrs after you get on them ha ha

J said...

I love anything sweet! That is an interesting fact about bananas. i tend to like the under ripe ones rather than the over ripe ones.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

intersting banana factoid. I like mine the ay after they stop being green, not sure where on the ripeness scale that falls.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I have done some research and working out in an easy state as soon as you wake up, is benefitical for helping loss weight, the key is going easy or slow, adding intervals can mess up your inside system. Then eat a healthy breakfast.

Christi said...

So sorry you got sick! That sucks!

misszippy said...

Weight loss is so frustrating! I think you look fantastic as you are, btw.

That's so interesting on the banana. Who knew?

fancy nancy said...

You look fantastic!!! I'm sorry about the food poinsoning...never fun!

kristen said...

I actually REALLY like this picture of you. If the camera wasn't in the way it would be awsome. You look so good.

Did you weigh yourself AFTER you pooped. That could have tipped the scale :)

Unknown said...

WHOA!! You look awesome!! This has been a super crazy week for you so no wonder the scale didn't move. Great picture of you :)

I love the "ultimate combo" of salty and sweet. I like to eat the small pretzels and choc chips. I will put choc chips in the wholes of a pretzel and eat it like that. On "good" days, I try to limit myself to like 3 or 4. Works like a charm!!

Liz Mays said...

I much prefer the salty, but the combo of chocolate with salty is pretty spectacular.

You're doing sooooo well!

Nicki said...

Finally back on track with my Wed weigh-ins but still not budging a bit on the scales. UGH! That last bit is the hardest.