Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cupcakes and Treadmills



I'm an official finisher of the Cupcake Marathon, running over 26.2 miles in five separate runs.  Aside from my run on Saturday, these were done on my basement treadmill, at an incline of .05, with a little help from MTV, VH1, Fuse, Fox News, the Today Show, Sister Wives, and Bethenny Ever After. 

Luckily I remembered to take photographic evidence, although Miss E wanted to take a picture of me and my race bib (with #23, which was my number way back when I played field hockey).    Note her cupcake jewlery box, which is the closest I came to a real cupcake, since I'm in the middle of my weight loss challenge.




Well, here are the results:



Run #1 March 14:





Run #2 March 15:



Run #3, March 18. You can tell this was the day after St. Patty's Day:





Run #4, March 19, my only outdoor run of the week:





Run #5 March 21:





My last run on March 22, I only had to do 5.2, but I forgot, and ended up with 6.2:






I gave myself a high five. : )


Big Thanks to Jason at Cook Train Eat Race and Christel at Silly Girl Running for organizing!!

23 comments:

Carly said...

Nice! I think you deserve a cupcake after all that running. :-)

Jason said...

Awesome. A Race Report for the Cupcake Marathon. Sweet.

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

Great job! I need to write up my report too!!!

Teamarcia said...

Great job putting it all together! Love the jewelry box. I should have used one of the kids' plastic play-food ones as I too am off of cupcakes for the foreseeable future.

giraffy said...

Nice race report, and such a cute jewelry box!!

Unknown said...

WOO HOO! Congrats :)
**I finished up today**

Jill said...

NICE job! Definitely deserving of a cupcake :).

Julie said...

Congrats on finishing!

misszippy said...

Good job! Love your TV lineup..quite diverse!

Christi said...

Great job! I am fist pumping right now!

RunToTheFinish said...

aw you already had a cupcake medal, that's too cute!!

Emz said...

YAY
YAY
YAY!

Love it!!

..:danielle:.. said...

nice job! i finished mine today... and instead of running more than i needed to, i was 0.1 short. had to go back outside for a quick sprint haha

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Yeah!! I completed my marathon too--shoudl we celebrate by eating a dozen?!! :)

Have a fab day!!

Penny said...

Congrats on completing the marathon. What a way to celebrate by eating cupcakes. GOOD RUNS.

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo - I can't believe you didn't celebrate with one real cupcake - you're such a good girl and you're totally going to be rocking your weight loss challenge. High 5 to you from IN.

Megan said...

Congrats!!

Lindsey said...

Woooo!!! Nice job!! I'm going to have to cram in some miles in the next few days if I want to finish!

Black Knight said...

Nice job especially because you have run on the "dreadmill"!

Unknown said...

Congrats! It sounded like a really fun challenge.

Unknown said...

Great job Molly! :)

The Green Girl said...

I love the cupcake jewelry box!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Does anyone find it weird that we are trying to lose weight and running in a cupcake marathon?