I decided to join in on Jeff, The Detroit Runner's Virtual 5k. I had hoped to run it outside on Monday, but we had an unexpected snow day, so with the kids home, it was kind of hard to fit it in. So this morning while Eliza was occupied with stickers and princess dolls, I got on the treadmill to pound it out. My legs were still a little tired from the hills on Saturday, so I kept the incline at 0.5, and started watching Kathie Lee and Hoda. They crack me up, but I needed music, so I flipped between all the MTV and VH1 channels, and tried to avoid as much Charlie Sheen coverage as I could.
When I was finished, Eliza gave me a purple sticker, that read WOW, as a running prize. I know I beat Johann, but I'll bet plenty of people beat me : )
Well, my Biggest Loser weight loss challenge is on. My friend Heather and I both want to drop ten pounds by summer. Some of the weight I lost marathon training has crept back on, which is annoying. But I really want to improve my performance running wise, and I know if I dropped this extra weight it would make a difference. So here are the details:
- we're starting tomorrow, Wednesday March 9, and ending Wednesday June 1. That gives us 11 weeks to lose 10 pounds.
- Heather is following Weight Watchers, I'm doing the "pay attention to what I put in my mouth" program. I'm giving up chocolate for Lent, and I'm going to stop picking at the kid's plates, or if Mike asks me if I want a bite of whatever he's eating, I'm going to say NO.
- We're keeping up the running, and I'm determined to get some time in the pool. Besides the Cupcake Marathon, we're going to start doing the weekend training runs for the Mountain Goat 10 miler that takes place on May 1.
- We're going to encourage each other, and hold each other accountable. Heather is also my neighbor, so just by looking at her house, I'll get motivated.
- If one of us doesn't make our goal, the have to give the other a $20 gift card, to either Fleet Feet or Sports Authority.
- If anyone else wants in, (Annie?) just let me know.