Friday, April 20, 2012

Clean Floor, Clean Body

I was a bit distracted last night, for no particular reason.

No matter how hard I try, I always burn grilled cheese, but last night I burned not one, but two of them.

Now we're out of cheese.

Then I knocked over my full glass of wine, and it shattered everywhere. 

Then I was about to put pasta into boiling water, and as I opened the box, it shot out the other end, onto the floor.






At least the floor got clean.


Today I'm starting a clean eating challenge.  I do these every couple of months, where I really cram in the fruits and veggies, make sure I get my dose of Amazing Grass, and avoid sugar and other junk.







I love this time of year, when all the springtime produce is colorful and green.  I had this salad twice this week, with roasted veggies and greens.






I had some leftover asparagus and turkey, so I mixed them into scrambled eggs for a protein packed lunch.






I'm already off to a good start!


Has anyone ever used Tonalin CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) supplements?   They gave us two bottles of it at the Expo, it's supposed to help reduce body fat when you combine it with diet and exercise. I'm not a weight loss supplement person, but I'm curious as to whether it works.

 Anyone have any feedback on this one?




Happy Weekend!

12 comments:

Laura said...

I had a pasta spill fest as well last week.
It was followed by a swear fest and I am still finding stray strands in the kitchen.

2 Slow 4 Boston said...

Well, at least as distracted as you were, you still had your wits about you enough to take a picture of the spaghetti you spilt to share with the blogosphere :-)

Your salad looks really yummy!

Liz Mays said...

You made me laugh! You need to delegate the cooking over there. ;0

Teamarcia said...

Yay for clean eating! I totally need to reboard this train after getting off in Easterville.
No experience with CLA. SUpposed to help burn fat I think.

Jill said...

I soooo need to jump on the clean eating bandwagon, zero willpower here for the past couple months. I've used CLA in the past per my personal trainer's request. I lost a lot of weight then, but I'm not sure it was CLA's doing....at least not all of it.

Michelle said...

Like Jill & Marcia said - I really need to get on the clean eating bandwagon!

Never heard of CLA - let us know if you decide to try it.

Ali Mc said...

no help, as I eat like crap but clean eating is supposed to be great :) I just hate diets.

I love the looks of your eats though YUM!

sorry about the pasta :( I broke mine a while back and it was no fun cleaning it up.

Ali Mc said...

no help, as I eat like crap but clean eating is supposed to be great :) I just hate diets.

I love the looks of your eats though YUM!

sorry about the pasta :( I broke mine a while back and it was no fun cleaning it up.

Lisa said...

If you are like me you yelled, "Come on give me a break!" about the time the pasta spilled. Makes you feel like you are being punked doesn't it? I'm sorry for your string of bad luck! Hoping things are getting better for you.

Black Knight said...

That salad looks delicious.
Sorry about the pasta.

Lisa said...

Hope the clean eating challenge is going well and you're having a great week!

nada.mixseogy said...

marble polishing
Floor polishing: it is well known for all householders that floor polishing is an essential part of the overall image of any property or company because a well-polished floor creates a positive atmosphere for the residents, employees, and visitors, in addition to contributing vitally on the interior design.
Floor polishing
https://www.smartcareae.com/marble-polishing-company/