Friday, August 12, 2011

The Friday Five

1.  I had a good week, still feeling the good vibes from Iron Girl.  A few people asked me which part of the race I liked the best, and I'm surprised to say that it was the swim!  I think it's because I'm happy with how I've progressed with my swimming, my endurance in the water is up, and I'm comfortable with my stroke.  I think that came into play in the race, once I found my groove, it centered me, calmed me down, and got me into the right mindset for the rest of the race.  I looked at my swim results again, and I was ranked 192 for the swim, out of over 1,000 finishers!






2.  So now marathon training has become the priority.  I ran 11 miles this morning, 5 miles outside with Frank, then finished it up with 6 on the treadmill while the kids slept and Mike left for work.  I thought about getting up super early and doing all of it outside, but thought better of it, I'll save that for the reeeally long runs.

3.  Speaking of Frank, he's going to turn one on September First!  We didn't get him until he was 12 weeks old, but we're going to have to make a little celebration for him.  He's doing well, although he still gets super excited when someone comes over.  He barks now when he wants our attention, and I swear he thinks he can talk.  He'll walk over to me and go "woaa woaa woaaaaa" then grab my shorts.  So that means he wants to go out.  I also made the mistake of giving him a piece of deli ham out of the fridge one day, so now this is his favorite spot:



4. It felt like summer was flying by the other day, but after I looked at the calendar, I realized school still doesn't start for a month.  I'm trying to fit in as much outdoor fun as I can, we're going to take a trip to the water park, and I already bought our State Fair tickets (and I'm already thinking of what I'm going to eat there).  Today it's going to be beautiful, and we're going to spend the whole afternoon at the pool.

5.  Time to pick winner #3 for my Fundraising Giveaway!  You can still donate to enter, check it out here. I used random.org to choose the winner.....Congrats to Giraffy at 365 Days of Awesome!!!!!
Let me know which TWO prizes you would like : )


Happy Training, Happy Racing, Happy Weekend!!!



14 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Your whole IG experience was amazing!
Frank is hilarious. I <3 dogs.
Congrats Giraffy!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Frank is awesome

THe swim is usually the one that makes or breaks people, glad you like it.

Johann said...

Agree, Frank is the best! You did really well on the swim. I'm sure that helped you with the overall great race. Have a super weekend and yay for marathon training!

Anonymous said...

Smart move on the run. it's too early in training season to be getting all worked up over the mid-week runs.

You rocked the swim. no question!

Does your fair have elepahnt ears? They are big flat round (10" maybe) pieces of fried dough sprinkled with cinamon sugar. OMG. Maybe they are called something else. probably a whole day's worth of calories, but the best fair food ever!

Anonymous said...

Smart move on the run. it's too early in training season to be getting all worked up over the mid-week runs.

You rocked the swim. no question!

Does your fair have elepahnt ears? They are big flat round (10" maybe) pieces of fried dough sprinkled with cinamon sugar. OMG. Maybe they are called something else. probably a whole day's worth of calories, but the best fair food ever!

giraffy said...

Frank is hysterical - grabs your shorts?! lol

You totally ROCKED that swim!

SupermomE13 said...

I am a Frank fan too. :) Great job with the run and I am glad you are still feeling awesome about your IG. You did amazing!!

H Love said...

great job! summer days by the pool are the best!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Good job with IG, ride that good vibes wave for as long as you can. I never thought I'd want a treadmill, but you are just one more person that is convincing me that it's a good idea.

A Prelude To... said...

Holy Molly!! What a great job on your swim! The swim is usually my favorite leg as well.

Susan Fobes said...

Congrats on your race! I finally realized that I need to seriously do more work outs after seeing a little "spread" in pictures of our recent trip. I wish I had your enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

You pretty much said what i could not effectively communicate. +1

My site:
dsl vergleich anbieter und dsl vergleich anbieter

misszippy said...

Wow did you rock the swim! That's awesome. Glad you are feeling good one week out from the race.

Frank is the best! Happy birthday to him.

I can't believe how fast summer has gone for us. My kids go back Aug. 29 and didn't get out until June 23, so this has been a fast, short summer. I'm glad you still have some time to go--enjoy it.

Laura said...

Holy swim time! Congrats again.
Frank is so cute...