Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feather Head

I got home just a little while ago after spending a few days at my sister's house in Westchester.......I wanted to get a quick post in since it's Weigh In Wednesday! 


But first, as per many requests, here is a photo of the feather extensions I have in my hair:





I took this photo while I was in the car with the kids, waiting for it to stop raining, which made my hair a bit frizzy.  There is one thin dark red one, and two thin black and white ones....if I tuck them behind my ear, you can't really see them, I think they're funky : )

On to the weigh in results.....this week I dropped the pound I gained the week prior, I really upped my efforts, so I'm glad that the scale moved in the right direction.  Although the other night at my sister's house, I had a scoop of ice cream, and my brother in law joked that he was going to take a picture of me cheating on my diet and post it to my blog.  I'm back to a total loss of five pounds, with just a few more weeks to drop another five, so we'll see what happens.

In honor of Easter, here are the calorie counts* of some of our favorite Easter treats:

5 Peeps = 150 cal
25 jellybeans = 150 cal
1 Cadbury Creme Egg = 170 cal
1 large 7 ouce chocolate bunnt = 1050 calories

GHA!!

I hope everyone had a successful week, now I'm off to catch up on everyone's blogs!!!


*souce: About.com

20 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Love the extensions!

Lisa said...

First, how is your sister doing?????????? Still thinking about her often and wishing her a speedy recovery!

Second, I too love the extensions. It seems so perfectly you. Great choice!

Third, great job on loosing the pound. So . . . .here's what I've decided about my pathetic attempt so far (besides the fact I suck at this challenge). I've decided that I probably won't loose even 5 pounds (but I will try to dig deeper and do better) - but the one thing that this challenge is doing for me - it's forcing me to stand on the scale (though I haven't yet this week) at least once a week which is keeping me accountable for my "off the wagon" behavior. . . and for that I'm very appreciative!

Jill said...

The hair is really neat - totally funky as you say and so you!

Nice job on the weight loss - ya. And really, 150 calories for a handful of jelly beans. Whaaaaa!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Looking hawt Molly!! Love it on you!

Damn you for the calorie counts--if it's a holiday candy it doesn't count, right?!!

Amy said...

Mmm...all the more reason to love Peeps!

The feather extensions are super cool!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

How is your sister doing?

Christi said...

Cool extensions!

misszippy said...

The extensions are cute! Glad you got to spend time with family.

I can't believe it takes only 25 jelly beans to get to 150 calories. Yikes.

Caratunk Girl said...

Cool extensions!!

Oh geez. That calorie thing I didn't need to see. I always think if you are not aware of how many calories you are eating, it doesn't count. Also I think if you put hot sauce on stuff, it minuses calories away. Haha A girl can dream.

How is your sister?

Andrew Opala said...

? ... I've learned never to comment on hair

Happy Easter.

*~*~* Tracy said...

The extensions are really cool and look great on you!

Hooray for losing that rascally pound and I hope the other 5 take a hike too!

A Prelude To... said...

I lOVE the feathers!

Candy is NOT my thing. Now...leave some bags of Easter potato chips lying around and I'm in some serious trouble :D

giraffy said...

I like the feathers!! Super cute on you.

Down .1. Woohoo?

Anonymous said...

All No! I am going to gain 4 pounds over the weekend.

ajh said...

I don't want to know calories of Easter treats. I like the black jelly beans. Maybe the colored ones have more calories!

Penny said...

Love the extensions. I love Jelly Beans anytime of the year. Congrats on the weight loss. You are doing great.

Tara said...

Hey girlie, I love the feathers! My hair dresser has been trying to convince me to put those in my hair for a while now. My hair is so short though!

Hope all is well. Looks like Frank is getting bigger and you are getting smaller (congrats on the weight loss!).

I also see that you've picked your second marathon. Super cool!

J said...

Great job on loosing that pound! You are doing so well! I have been trying to stay away from the cadbury eggs!

Unknown said...

Okay, silly question, but what happens to the feather when you brush your hair? Does it stay put? :)

I love peeps... and yay for having 5 for 150 calories!

And like the others have asked... how's your sister?

Black Knight said...

Easter....it's time to eat a lot of chocolate!