Friday, January 14, 2011
I officially joined my local Triathlon Club, and this morning I had a chance to go to their winter training facility to get some time in on a trainer. I've never put my bike on one before, and I felt kind of bad that it was still dirty from my last outdoor ride. But my friend Kelly was leading the class which was nice, and after an hour I worked up a sweat. We started off in a low gear, and went up a gear every ten minutes. The last ten we upped the speed, and my quads were feeling it, but in a good way. There are a few things I going to need to do to tweak my bike, but this is going to be fun. I was going to put a smiley face here, but I realize I do that all the time. It's almost to the point of overkill. I almost just did it again.
Thank you to Sophia, from Tales of an Ambitious Slacker who passed the Stylish Blogger award to me.....where you share 7 things about yourself. Hmmm, more things about me. I'm trying not to repeat myself, so here goes;
1. I can be a bit OCD about things. I realized the other day I take my vitamins in alphabetical order.
2. I do stupid things like not putting the caps back on my contact lens case, or not putting saline in them so the lenses get all dried out overnight. Or forgetting to put the coffee pot back under the spout when making a pot. It really makes a mess.
3. I think non stick pans are the greatest invention.
4. I get a kick out of physical comedy, and was bummed when John Candy and Chris Farley died. And John Hughes!! I love his movies, I think I still have the Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack around here somewhere.
5. No matter how hard I try, I always have overdue library books.
6. I can be a bit of a Nervous Nelly if Mike is away on business. I push the couch in the family room up against the glass doors, then stick a chair under the door knob on door leading to the basement. Then I put my cellphone, and telephone on my bedside table. But I just realized that now we have Frank, I don't have to worry anymore!
7. I was a cheerleader in high school, played field hockey and was voted Life Of the Party my senior year. I still really appreciate Football Sundays, Summer BBQ's, Major Holidays, Thursday Night Survivor/The Office/The Housewives of whatever and kicking back with my sisters/sisters in law/friends and family while sipping some vino or if I'm lucky, a margarita or dirty martini.
There you have it, more random info about me. I'm supposed to tag ten bloggers, but I love so many that I can't choose. So if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged! : )
Posted by Molly at 2:33 PM