Monday, January 31, 2011

Today, I eat Birthday Cake.

yup, another year older.

I tend to have birthday weekends, actually I'm shocked that my day didn't fall on Superbowl Sunday like so many in the past.  Friday began with a joint party for myself, my sis in law Tina, and my sis in law Jeannine, as we all have our birthdays around the same time.
 
After dinner and vino, J shamed me into going for a run the next morning with Lake Effect, the group I ran with last winter and spring.  My next race is the Tipp Hill Shamrock run in March, and it's a hilly one, but four miles so the pain is over quickly, and after the race, there will be beer. I was thinking that I needed to start running the course, but I wasn't ready to tackle those hills in 26 degree weather yet, you really have to have the right mindset for it.  I woke up early Saturday morning with everyone (the kids, Mike, and his parents) which made it easier to motivate, and although it was cold, and I had a bit of wine headache, the roads were clear of snow, so I decided to do it. 

It's amazing how time flies, it was so weird to just park the car and hit the streets with everyone, like a year hadn't happened.  I was SO happy with my run, I think my hill/core work has been paying off, the big scary hill was no sweat. I have a great mindset going into the next several weeks of Saturday morning runs, if I did that first run well after an evening of eating and vino, then I'll do even better going forward.

It's nice that my Mom is in town, I haven't spent a birthday with her in years.  She's going to watch the kids this afternoon while I get a mani/pedi, and she already made us pot roast, which is childhood on a plate:



it's always paired with carrots, red cabbage, mashies (her phrase, not mine), and horseradish.  Oh yes, I ate more than one helping.

I also got an early birthday present, a hat that I won in Carly's giveaway! This is funny, she wrote a post featuring all her crotcheting skills, and I commented, saying she should do a giveawy. Which she did, I entered, and won! Thanks Carly, I love my new hat.




Dinner will be Indian take out, followed with a coconut cake.  I'm a chocolate girl, but I've had a hankering for one of those Pepperidge Farm coconut cakes you can buy for $3 at the store. BUT, Wegmans came out with an Ultimate Coconut cake, so while shopping with Mom, one of those made their way into our cart. I made sure it was a small one though.

Happy Happy. Joy Joy.

(anyone remember what line that is from?)

41 comments:

Katie said...

Happy Birthday!! Love the hat :D

Carly said...

Happy Birthday! The hat looks great on you! Yes, consider it a birthday present from me! :-)

Questionably Texan said...

Happy 29th Birthday!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday girl! I love all things coconut too, great choice on the cake :)

Laura said...

Happy Bday!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!

(from Ren & Stimpy, right?)

bobbi said...

happy happy birthday!!!

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

Happy Birthday! - Today's mine as well! Enjoy your cake!

Evolving Through Running said...

Hope you have a great birthday!! Certainly sounds like the eating part will be great.

Like the Ren & Stimpy quote as well. Brings back some memories.

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Molly!!! OMG, coconut cake is my absolute favorite! I'll be right over!! :)

fancy nancy said...

Yay!!! Happy Birthday! That cake looks awesome!

Lucas R. Tucker said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Teamarcia said...

Happy Birthday Molly! You are adorable in that hat!
I have a big bag of chipped coconut that's just dying to adorn a delicious cake like that one!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!! Hope it's a great one!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday!! YUM coconut cake! Enjoy!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!! The hat looks great on you. That cake looks yummy!

Johann said...

Happy Birthday Molly! May you have a wonderful day and year. Nothing beats childhood on a plate!

Rae said...

Happy Birthday! That cake looks delicious!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks so yummy and the hat is super cute!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday

Runners Fuel said...

Happy birthday to you! Sounds like a great weekend!

Paula - Running Mom of 5 said...

Happy Birthday!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy that yummy looking cake!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!!!!!!

misszippy said...

Happy Happy Birthday! You look adorable in your new hat.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Molly!

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Happy Birthday, Molly!

Love the hat. Hate the coconut. You know how I feel about chocolate. :)

RunToTheFinish said...

YEAH!!! Happy birthday!!!!

love the full weekend of celebrations and umm hello can she send me a pot roast too?

Suzy said...

Happy Birthday Molly!

The Turtle said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful year.

Lisa said...

Happy
Birthday
To
You!!!!!!!

J said...

Happy Birthday!!! Leave it to Wegmans to come out with another great little cake!

ajh said...

Happy Birthday! Love the hat- it looks great on you! Love the phrase - childhood on a plate!

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

Happy B-day. We do the birthday weekend thing too!

Unknown said...

Happy 'birthday!! You'll have to let us know how that WEgmans cake is...I saw it in their weekly flier and commenced to drool right then.

Iron Mike said...

Happy birthday Molly! You look so happy.
And dude. That cake. I hate Wegmans. Hate it. But that cake would be worth the agony (it's really busy).
And for the record, if you'd give a little notice, I would have definitely shipped you a Log as your gift. It's better than bad.

Unknown said...

Happy bleated Birthday!!! You look adorable in the hat and the cake looks delish - hope you enjoyed it :)

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you!! I am loving your hat :) and wonderfing how your mom cooks that red cabbage? Is it steamed? I have never had it other than cold in my salad or cole slaw.

Mrs. M said...

Hope you had a fantastic day! Happy Birthday!!

Tam8ta said...

Ren and Stimpy- Happy Bday!