Friday, January 14, 2011

Stylish Trainer


Well this is new, my bike in the Jeep in the middle of winter!

I officially joined my local Triathlon Club, and this morning I had a chance to go to their winter training facility to get some time in on a trainer. I've never put my bike on one before, and I felt kind of bad that it was still dirty from my last outdoor ride.  But my friend Kelly was leading the class which was nice, and after an hour I worked up a sweat.  We started off in a low gear, and went up a gear every ten minutes.  The last ten we upped the speed, and my quads were feeling it, but in a good way.  There are a few things I going to need to do to tweak my bike, but this is going to be fun. I was going to put a smiley face here, but I realize I do that all the time. It's almost to the point of overkill.  I almost just did  it again.



Thank you to Sophia, from Tales of an Ambitious Slacker who passed the Stylish Blogger award to me.....where you share 7 things about yourself.  Hmmm, more things about me.  I'm trying not to repeat myself, so here goes;

1. I can be a bit OCD about things.  I realized the other day I take my vitamins in alphabetical order.

2. I do stupid things like not putting the caps back on my contact lens case, or not putting saline in them so the lenses get all dried out overnight. Or forgetting to put the coffee pot back under the spout when making a pot.  It really makes a mess.

3. I think non stick pans are the greatest invention.

4. I get a kick out of physical comedy, and was bummed when John Candy and Chris Farley died. And John Hughes!! I love his movies, I think I still have the Some Kind of Wonderful soundtrack around here somewhere.

5. No matter how hard I try, I always have overdue library books.

6. I can be a bit of a Nervous Nelly if Mike is away on business. I push the couch in the family room up against the glass doors, then stick a chair under the door knob on door leading to the basement.  Then I put my cellphone, and telephone on my bedside table. But I just realized that now we have Frank, I don't have to worry anymore!

7. I was a cheerleader in high school, played field hockey and was voted Life Of the Party my senior year. I still really appreciate Football Sundays, Summer BBQ's, Major Holidays, Thursday Night Survivor/The Office/The Housewives of whatever and kicking back with my sisters/sisters in law/friends and family while sipping some vino or if I'm lucky, a margarita or dirty martini.

There you have it, more random info about me.  I'm supposed to tag ten bloggers, but I love so many that I can't choose. So if you want to do this, consider yourself tagged! : ) 

24 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

A tri club!!! You already hooked and you dont even know it

Unknown said...

YAY!! Triathlon Club :) welcome to the wonderfully sick work of TRIing. I was HOOKED after my first!

Mark said...

Be careful of that Kelly chick—she will have you purchasing a carbon fiber bike and you'll be doing an Ironman before you know it... mark my words... she's dangerous... dangerous, I say.

Unknown said...

Yay for a tri club! That's awesome you can all go and be on trainers together!

Danielle said...

A tri club sounds like a lot of fun!
I should be a little more OCD about things. I can be a total scatterbrain. ughh.
You sound like me when I'm at my house alone. I'm way to paranoid! : )

gmontalvo13 said...

love, love nonstick pans! i'm OCD too, i think everyone has a bit of it! :)

Emz said...

#5 - I hear ya!

I swear I could buy books for cheaper than I end up having to pay.

Loved #1 - ocd? no way. ;)

Suzy said...

Great list. ITA, nonstick pans are wonderful. Their downfall: they aren't supposed to go in the dishwasher. HUGE downfall IMHO. Glad your time on the bike trainer went well.

ajh said...

I liked John Candy too! I totally get #6!

Lisa said...

You - voted life of the party?? No way!!! Just kidding! Your blog's header picture SCREAMS "life of the party". Love it! Love your blog! Thanks so much for your kind comment today on my blog - it meant a great deal!

How cool to join a tri club! Yeah - go you! Hope to hear more about your new "tri-friends".

Unknown said...

So glad you came this a.m.!! And I owe the library so much money right now, I am embarrassed to go!!

Unknown said...

I love this post! It made me laugh about the home alone ritual...Now you have a dog!! :) Its going to be a fun summer! Hope to meet up with you soon!

J said...

You are going to be ready for that tri in no time!!

I got the bumper sticker in the mail today! Thanks again!! I now have to figure out where I am going to put it!

Unknown said...

I sense a windtrainer purchase coming! You're going to love that new regime.

Vitamins in alphabetical order? Funny!

Tortuga_Runner said...

great list, I totally get the hubby-away paranoia. We have dogs too, but I still go the extra mile when he's gone. Have you read any of the "worst Case scenario books" well I have about 20 response/escape plans for when my husband is gone. My mind is too active.

Johann said...

Impressed with your tri workout and commitment to it. Now you've put something in my head...alphabetical vitamin taking starting tomorrow morning.

Michelle said...

Love that joined a Tri Club!

I'm a bit OCD too - now you've got me wondering if I take my vitamins in order too :)

kristen said...

I love that your jumping in to tri training head first! Good for you!!

Terri said...

Oh, I really want to do a tri this year!!!! :) I'll be following your training avidly!

Anonymous said...

Tri club? You are going all out for your triathlon - Awesome!

Brittney said...

Haha, you could not be married to a pilot. I'm alone in the house all the time. It used to freak me out, but I've learned to live with it! It definitely does help having a dog though!

yonca said...

Oh,I think the same about non-stick pans.Lol. GREAT LIST!

Black Knight said...

We are a city with 60.000 people and don't have a tri club!
Interesting list about yourself.

Liz Mays said...

Ok, that alphabetical vitamin thing???? That's so wacky!!!!