Wednesday, January 26, 2011

sorry, it's not pizza this time

I haven't posted many recipes lately, been too busy yapping about everything else in my life.  I feel like 2011 has gotten off to a good start, I'm still eating healthy, but have definitely cut back on all those December indulgences.  I'm not happy that Football season is coming to a close, but at the same time I am. Sunday is the new Friday for me, when I enjoy my vino, and other game day foods, so it's not really a bad thing that those days are going away.  On the flip side, I worked out 6 out of 7 days last week (really loving my kettlebells), and so far I've logged 60 running miles.  So it's all good.

I really didn't want to go grocery shopping yesterday, so I put together a dinner made with things we had in the fridge/freezer, which I love to do.  I defrosted some shrimp, made some brown rice, and a salad with mixed greens, red pepper, carrots, broccoli, red onion and feta. Just drizzled some balsamic on top.  I wanted to do something different with the shrimp, so I got out some Jade Peanut Sauce.



We found this sauce in Williams-Sonoma probably ten years ago, it's got a nice spice to it, and even though it's peanut based, it has 7 grams of fat and 120 calories for two tablespoons, and a little goes a long way.  So I sauteed the shrimp in a bit of olive oil, along with the peanut sauce. 




looks good, huh?

Thanks to everyone who entered the SALONPAS giveaway.....I used random.org to choose the winner, and it was #14, Erika from Chasing My Monkeys One Mile at a Time!  send me an email, and I'll get you set up.

Happy Hump Day!

20 comments:

Susan Fobes said...

Ooh...Looks good! We've been using a sweet/sour sauce on all our stir fries lately, but I know it's not healthy, so this might be an alternative.

fancy nancy said...

Can I come over for dinner? This looks so good and sounds super easy!!

Nice job on 60 miles this month!!!

Susan Fobes said...

Btw: tell me your new post picture isn't the stuff in your purse? LOL! I just bought a new purse this past weekend because I'm trying to downsize-tired of carrying everyone else's stuff. Know what? The "stuff" I want to carry bareley fits so I'm carrying a small satchel too!

KovasP said...

I don't eat shrimp, but that salads looks great.

misszippy said...

That looks incredible! I love peanut sauces, so I'll have to check that one out (although going into WS can be dangerous!)

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
You are such a cooking machine! I really need to look in my freezer and put something together like that:) I wish I had shrimp...my little guy loves shrimp and I know he will eat it!

Nice job with your running and way to get some extra training in with the kettlebells:)

Heather said...

That looks really yummy! the salad, the rice & shrimp...looks like something I would love to have for dinner! The peanut sauce sounds yummy and I bet you can use it for lots of different things.

Michelle said...

Mmmm that does look really good! The peanut sauce sounds like a good idea - I'll have to remember that!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Well, you can throw all of that on a crust and call it a pizza!!!

Emz said...

looks like heaven.

I swear that peanut sauce will make 99% of anything taste great!

Amy said...

Looks yummy! I love peanut sauce!

I'm with you on cutting back on the December indulgences, but it's tough with sweet stocking stuffers still hanging around the house!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

sadly, I became allergic to shrimp. Which happens to be my fave. Boo!

I love peanut sauce!

Kristin @NyceLife said...

Yummy! I live in Bubba Gump country, so always looking for ways to do shrimp! I totally am with you on being over the indulgences of Christmas and football season. Almost time for baseball season though, yay!

Lisa said...

That is one of the most delicious things I have seen in awhile - GIRL, I'm coming over for dinner! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I totally HAVE to make that. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!! (it's really not fair, though, I'm still home sick and couldn't possibly go the grocery store, but when I get better . . . I'm making that!!!)

Teamarcia said...

I was totally thinking shrimp tonight! But I don't have any of that sauce. I have a recipe that calls for mango and cilantro, which I don't have either. Back to the drawing board!

J said...

Looks so good! I wish I was having that for dinner tonight!

Anonymous said...

Oooo that looks good. Never tried peanut sauce, but maybe I will now.

Annie said...

That looks awesome. I am going to go get the sauce right away!

Erika said...

YEA!! I'm so excited! Thanks!
Your food looks amazing, BTW!

The Green Girl said...

That looks and sounds delicious!