Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Food. And other random stuff.

I was tagged by ajh at Age Groups Rock, to do this fun post, which is right up my alley. Since it's a food post, I thought I'd include a photo of last night's dinner.....broccoli, spinach, onion and cheddar quiche, with a side salad with a bit of bleu cheese.  Yum. 

Now onto the questions:


1.If you could eat anything without any health repercussions or guilt, what would your meal be?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Pizza. Pizza. Pizza. NY Style, thin crust, plain cheese, and I'm a happy girl.




2. If you could meet anyone living or dead who would it be and why?

Well, this is a tough one, but I know who it would be.  Before I was born, my parent's first child was born prematurely, and she passed away when she was only a few days old.  This was in 1970, and if they had the technology then, that we have now, she would have been okay. 

3. Why did you start blogging and what did you expect when you started?

I had no expectations at all. I started my blog as a place to dump out all that was floating around in my head. I ended up writing mostly about what I love, my family, running, and food.  As a bonus I now have blog friends who I "talk to" on a daily basis.  Which is pretty cool.

4. What is the one book you could read over and over again?

There are so many. I mentioned recently how much I love Catcher in the Rye.  But I could re-read Bridget Jones's Diary any day.

5. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

It would be Japan.  I've been to Europe, Mexico, the Caribbean, and would love to go to the Far East.  My Great Aunt Betti traveled to Japan when she was in her seventies, so I know I'll get there someday.

6. If you could have a TV show on the Food Network, what would it be?

It would be me and my husband.  It would be called Mike and Molly (I can't tell you how many of our friends emailed/facebooked us this fall saying, "Did you know there is a show on CBS called Mike and Molly?????")We love food, we love to cook, we love to eat.  He's more of a grill man with his bottle of Labatt's, I'm more of the home cooking gal with a glass of vino.  That would be a fun balance of both.

7. What was the best meal you ever had?

The best meal I've had was the simplest.  We were in a restaurant in Utrech, outside of Amsterdam. The meal was a wonderful combination of being on vacation in a place full of in history, with great company, great wine.  I chose a pasta tossed with salmon, with a very light cream sauce.  It was a new take on salmon for me, was cooked perfectly, and of course, delicious.

8. Who has been the greatest influence on your love for food and learning to cook?

My Grandma Sleeper.  We lived a plane ride away from her when  I was little. I can't even remember what she used to make, but I have memories of her always being in the kitchen, doing something.  One thing that sticks out is her cinnamon bread. I've tried to make it, but simply cannot replicate it.

Now:

Copy Chic at Triathlon Training for Book Smart Girls

and


consider yourselves tagged!

15 comments:

Emz said...

Mike & Molly - love it! I'd watch!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

These are always fun to read

Heather said...

This was fun to read. Those pictures you posted are making me hungry!! I love NY Style, thin crust, plain cheese pizza too and the dinner you had last night...yum!

misszippy said...

I'd watch your show! Wow on your sister. And I agree wholeheartedly on number 4!

Jill said...

I love reading these, so fun!! I'd totally watch your show, it'd be full of pizza and nothing else - yum!! :)

Mark said...

Dammit. Your blog always makes me hungry. I just ate lunch, but I want to keep eating now.

akjenniekt said...

I'm right there with ya....PIZZA=YUM!

Mindy said...

Your blog made my mouth water! You cant be posting pictures of yummy foods :) I would totally watch Mike and Molly too!!!

abbi said...

You just put in me in the mood for quiche! Yum!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

oh dear, now I want pizza!

Anne said...

That is exactly my favorite pizza!!! Mouth watering right now :)

Erika said...

This is fun!! But your blog always makes me hungry! Looks so yummy!

The Green Girl said...

Yummy!

Johann said...

That photo at the top looks just fantastic! I wonder if any runners don't like pizza?

Amy said...

Oh, that pizza looks sooooo good. I know what I'll be having for Friday night dinner! I'll get to the questions on my next post!