Monday, November 15, 2010

Black Knight Army Virtual Race

I made my To Do List the other day, and these next two weeks are going to be a wee bit busy.  So this morning I figured, why not get off to a good start with a Virtual 10k???


This is Stefano's race, from Run With The Black Knight, and wearing black was required.  So I donned my long sleeved black shirt for Battle. I don't know how some of you can take a full picture of yourself, after several tries, this was my best effort, and my face isn't even showing.




This is the farthest I've run since healing Hammy, it was going to be an Epic Battle between the two of us, to see if it would let me do the distance.  It was a cloudy morning, but as I set out, the sun broke through the clouds, the sky was blue, and the Game was on. 

I turned on my ipod, and listened to an odd mix of Erasure, Amy Winehouse, and the Dixie Chicks, as I navigated through the paved trails of my neighborhood.  Chaos almost erupted, when a large stretch of the path was torn up, and being repaved, but my quick thinking allowed me to just back up, and go in a different direction. 

I did have a moment of pain, when my foot brushed my newly inked ankle, but it was no match for my determination.

I was at mile 5.20, when Hammy asked me "What do you think you're doing?" I slowed a bit, then responded with a laugh, "Winning!"

Before I knew it, The Battle was complete, and I ran up my driveway, Victorious!!!!

The technical results of The Battle:



And since Stefano seems to receive wine at every race he participates in, I thought this made appropriate race swag:



The Battle was won.

Take that Hammy.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

great job!! that is one pretty bottle of wine too!
and your black top pic is FIERCE!!

yonca said...

I can have a glass of wine now:)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great race! My random question is...do you find your 305 to be bulky? They look so huge to me...

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

will run for wine! I love it! you go girl =)

ajh said...

Love the race swag! Good reasoning!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

lol I suck at self-photography too.

Good job showing Hammy who's boss!

Caratunk Girl said...

AWESOME! I need to get my virtual race done for The Black Knight too! Awesome battle!

Michelle said...

Nice job! Glad you put Hammy in its place!

Anonymous said...

Way to tough it out. Love the black attire.

Trish said...

Woo Hoo! You showed Hammy :)

Btw, the cupcakes I ate were pumpkin with cream cheese spiced frosting and chocolate with peanut butter frosting. Yummo!

Erika said...

Awesome!!! Way to show that Hammy who's boss! And I still love your picture that's your header...it reminds me of girls night!!

The Green Girl said...

I agree, whoo hoo! Take that, Hammy!

Johann said...

Great battle! I'm glad you could show the hammy a thing or two, but do take care and let it heal properly. Like the wine! Mine was a typical trail race with no swag:(

J said...

Glad the hammy felt good for the run! Well done!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Way to go!!! Ya, take that hammy!!! And I love your post race bling, I think race orgs need to learn from your example

Lucas R. Tucker said...

GOOD JOB!!!

Amy said...

Nice! Take that Hammy! Love the race swag too!

Fruit Fly said...

You showed that hammy who's boss! Way to go!

Iron Mike said...

I had to take a photo of myself holding a quarter next to my ear, for sizing purposes, when ordering Yurbuds. Talk about impossible.
Cool tattoo BTW, simple, but they can speak volumes.
Excellent pace and dialog with hammy. I hope you continue to stay one victory ahead of him.

Black Knight said...

Glory to Lady Molly for the battle won! Your black armour is very elegant and gives prestige to the Black Knight Army. A box of wine is ready for you if one day you will come here.

Christina said...

Self pics are hard. A mirror sometimes works except you get the flash. I used the timer to take my black knight pictures but it took me a bunch of tries.