Friday, November 26, 2010

After the Feast 5 for Friday

1. I hosted Thanksgiving this year, my second time tackling the feast.  My family invaded Wednesday night, my Dad brought Chesapeake Oysters straight from Maryland, that were such a treat.  I had my cooking schedule all planned out, our oven is the size of a shoe box (makes me think of the Brady Bunch kitchen), so we cooked the 28 pound turkey in a roasting pan on the grill.  It came out a bit dry, but no one came down with Sally the Menella, so it was all good.




2. I ran three days in a row this week, I had to miss the Turkey Trot 10k yesterday due to our food prep, but that's okay.  I revised my miles goal for the year, it was originally 1,000 miles, but now I'm shooting for 900.  I missed a total of 5 weeks this fall because of my hamstring, so I feel okay revising it.

3. The other day while walking Frank, Eliza looked at me and asked me if she could run a marathon with me some day.  On another walk, Luke said, "sure is good weather for a run, huh Mom?"   Love it.

4. Frank has come out of his shell and is settling in with us, treating the kids' baskets of toys as a sort of chewing buffet. He's a good dog, but has been a bit wimpy about the cold, which makes sense, since he came from Georgia!

5. still a few days left to enter my Amazing Grass Giveaway.......here!

23 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Glad you were able to spend it with family! (our oven is tiny too, makes things 'fun'!)

Unknown said...

Seems like you and the family had a wonderful Turkey Day!!!

I think all you other readers would agree that anytime you mention Frank that pictures need to be included!!!

Teamarcia said...

I think you need the orange counter tops before you can even think of mentioning the Brady Bunch kitchen. Glad your T'giving was nice!

abbi said...

Sounds like a great week and a great Thanksgiving!

misszippy said...

Maybe Frank needs a coat? My dog has one but he's not a fan of it! Nice job on the big feast!

Anonymous said...

28 pounds is big turkey - it must have cooked for hours! Hosting is a feat in itself, sounds like it was all good.

Michelle said...

That's a lot of turkey for the grill! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! Enjoy the weekend!!

Unknown said...

Holy bird! :) I love it! And 900 miles is still amazing!

ajh said...

Yeah I revised my goal for miles too. That's how it is. Hope you've got a woodstove for Frank to curl up next too!

Mark said...

Okay, I admit it. I have not been around in a bit. I have been freakin' busy homeslice, BUT, love the new picture on your blog. You look SO happy!

Any idea what races you are doing this season? I am thinking of doing the Rochester half in April. You should do it, so I can talk to you the whole time and forget about how much pain I am in.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I love that Frank is settling in. Too cute. I hope you had a great holiday!

Amanda@runninghood said...

Love love love that I found your blog. Excited to read more. I love your "books on your nightstand" list. I've read so many of those...The Help, Girls from Ames, The Kind Diet, Born to Run (current), Belong to Me, A Thousand Splendid Suns....

J said...

That Rochester Marathon really did us both in! Hopefully next year we can get to 1000 miles!

Caratunk Girl said...

Holy crap 28 lb turkey!!

OK from now on, like Jeff said, if you mention Frank, you need to post a picture.

Jill said...

Perfect Turkey Day, I'd say!! :)
Nothing wrong with revising the mileage - I had to do the same...stuff happens.

Julie said...

It sounds like your Thanksgiving went well!! Holy cow, that is one big turkey!?! I made a 20 pound one once and it took forever to cook:)

Nice job on the running Molly. You are getting out there more than me. Take care Chica:)

Black Knight said...

For sure it was a good Thanksgiving if you decided to miss the Turkey Trot. Perhaps the Turkey would have preferred the race....
The life is hectic and revising the mileage is not a problem.
Eliza will run that marathon!

Iron Mike said...

Oh, I do hope you get that new oven you're dreaming about. Maybe somebody will get the hint. A shoebox, ha!
BTW, I used to love Adam Sandler, a few funny stories there I'll have to share some day.
Nice idea revising your running goal, completely fair, and as for converting your kids into runner children, well it was only a matter of time. Reward them with a trip to Disney ;-)
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

brooks running said...

That's indeed a great thanksgiving celebration...Congrats!!!

Pining for Pinterest said...

I think it is totally understandable that you had to adjust your goal! I am in the same boat, but mostly due to laziness after my injury! That is another story though.....

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I cook T Day as well, all went good, but I over seasoned the stuffing with sage

Erika said...

Sounds like a great thanksgiving! I'm glad Frank is fitting in more:) happy holidays!

kayan Association said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog