This upcoming Saturday morning, I'm participating in SUAR's Virtual Race for Sherry Arnold, the wife, mother, runner, teacher, who was abducted while out on a run, and then murdered. You can find more info on the race HERE.
Last week I posted my 11 Random Things, then found out I was also tagged by The Irondiva Colleen, MCM Mama, and Tortuga Runner from Tales of an Ambitious Slacker. So I'll answer those questions now:
1. Where is one place in the world you'd love to travel? Japan!
2. What one food could you eat for every meal? Pizza, even a bad pizza is a good pizza.
3. If you were a super hero, what power would you possess? I think it would be cool to read minds.
4. If you won the lottery, would you still work? I would volunteer and pay it forward.
5. You are stranded on a deserted island... what three things do you have with you? lip balm, a book, water
6. If you could bring one person to the island, who would it be? My husband, because my kids have their whole lives to visit a deserted island.
7. What's your favorite holiday? It's a tie between St. Patrick's Day and Christmas.
8. What movie could you watch over and over and over? Tommy Boy.
9. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Ten, before I bite it.
10. Would you rather be really hot or really cold? Really hot, I love a good sweat.
11. If you could change just one thing about yourself, what would it be? To not be so impatient.
MCM Mama asked:
1. Do you sleep with a lovey? If so, what? Does my husband count?
2. Where’s your favorite place to go on vacation? Somewhere warm where I can swim and veg out.
3. Have you ever been on a cruise? If so, where did you go? I went on a cruise once with Mike and his family. We went to Aruba, St. Thomas, Venezuela, Dominica, and Grenada. One night when I was in the shower, the ship suddenly slowed down, and I bumped into the shower stall. Apparently two girls missed the ship, and they got a water taxi to bring them to the ship.
4. What’s your favorite day of the week? I love Thursday, because then the weekend is just one day away.
5. Is there a vegetable that you absolutely refuse to eat? I'm not a fan of green peppers, they give me heartburn.
6. How close to where you were born do you live? About 4 hours away. I was born in Queens.
7. How many states have you lived in? Just one, NY. But I've lived in Long Island, Queens, Cortland, Rochester and now Syracuse.
8. Favorite snack? some kind of combination of cheese and crackers.
9. Favorite non-running related blog? MODG is pretty funny.
10. Are you addicted to pinterest? (find me there if you are LOL) I like it, but I don't think I've hit addiction yet.
11. What’s your favorite room in your current house? I love our family room, it has two big couches, a fireplace, a wall of french doors, and a vaulted ceiling.
Tortuga Runner asked:
- What is your favorite TV show? It used to be The Office, but I think it's gone downhill since Michael left.
- What is your favorite cheese? Crumbly bleu cheese
- What is your favorite post race body restoration type activity?a long, hot shower.
- If you had to jump right now would you prefer side-to-side or up and down? hmmmm. After having kids I'd have to say side-to-side.
- FroYo or Ice Cream? I'd rather have a small dish of the real thing.
- Sticking with the James Bond question I got, Martini: shaken or stirred? shaken, gotta mix things well.
- What is your worst chaffing area on a long distance run? inner thigh. ouch.
- Do you barefoot run as part of your training? no, but I walk around barefoot as much as I can.
- What is your favorite book of all time?
- Now for the fun stuff, forget what you are doing now, if salary wasn't an issue what would your dream job be? I used to bartend and wait tables, I would love to own a restaurant.
- Oops, forgot #11-surprise me. I haven't had chocolate in 3 days.