Friday, February 17, 2012

DVD's and New Running Shoes Make Me Happy

I have a bruise on the top of my foot.

It's a perfect circle, right beneath my toes. I'm in dire need of a pedicure, so won't post a photo, but I don't know how the heck I got it.  It's sore too.  The only thing I can think of is that I had my shoes laced too tightly for my last run.  But of course I immediately think I have a stress fracture, or a muscle strain.  With my luck, that would be about right.

I'm feeling good otherwise, I've stuck to my training schedule, I had a nice run on Valentines Day, which was mandatory, because I knew Mike would come home with chocolate for me. When my siblings and I were kids, my Mom always gave us a heart shaped Whitman's sampler for Valentines Day.  So Mike keeps up the tradition, and this year, I got a bonus gift:





Breaking Dawn Baby.

I watched it the next day, while I dealt with a stomach bug, which made missing my run easier to deal with.

Then the mailman brought me this:




My birthday present from one of my BFF's.  We used to watch The Fact's of Life for hours, while eating Elio's pizza and Cape Cod Potato Chips.  And sometime beer.  Watching the Fact's will really make my treadmill time more enjoyable.

I was in dire need of new running shoes, and I felt well enough to go to Fleet Feet yesterday afternoon. As usual, I tried on a few different pairs including Mizuno and New Balance, but once again came back to the Brooks Adrenaline.  Size 11.5.





Aren't they pretty?

Did you enter my BTB Sunglasses giveaway yet?? Check it out here!

Happy Weekend!

18 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I use to watch the Facts of Life as a kid

I love Brooks!!!

Darlene said...

me too. I watched. Also am a Twilight fan so love your gifts and the running shoes are cool.

Unknown said...

Those are the shoes Annie wears too. I got nothing on the DVD's!

Teamarcia said...

OMG Facts of Life. SO funny!
Have a great weekend and enjoy the new kicks!

giraffy said...

i have a giant bruise on top of my foot, too. but I know it's from ramming my foot into a kickstand on my bike. Oops.

I saw Breaking Dawn in the theaters twice. Hopefully that makes you feel better about owning the DVD.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Oh the facts of life! That brings back memories. I just recently started wearing Brooks shoes and would have to say I love them. I weat the Pure Flows and Trances

Amy said...

I LOVED the Facts of Life! So good. I wonder if it's still good now? Nothing like new shoes to put an extra spring in your step!

Liz Mays said...

Things are pretty good over there. You've had lots of fun treats this week!

Laura said...

Facts.of.Life...just awesome.
Happy new shoes! Hope your foot heals up.

Michelle said...

Love watching Facts of Life when I was a kid! Enjoy your new shoes :)

TriMOEngr said...

Didn't every girl our age (plus or minus a few years) live to watch that show? I can still hear the song in my head. Need to add Breaking Dawn to my Netflix queue.

Amanda@runninghood said...

Ahhh, the Facts of LIfe...oh NOOOO now I will have that song in my head all night. You take the good, you take the bad, the facts of life....only I don't know the correct words really so now I'll just be singing The FActs of life...the facts of life...the facts of life until someone tells me to shut it! Brooks...loveeeee!

Lisa said...

So thank you . . . for getting the Facts of Life theme song stuck in my head . . . . take the good take the bad the facts of lie the facts of life (sigh). Those were the good ol' days of television - LOVED watching that show!!!!!!

Your shoes are shiny and new!!! Ahhhh, nice!!!! Hope they are fast too!

Stop with the bad juju for your foot bruise. I'm sending you good juju that it's just from where Frank stepped on you or something minor like that!

Black Knight said...

Beautiful shoes, I have never had the Brooks but they look great.

ajh said...

How can you have a bruise on top of your foot beneath your toes? I have a bruise on top of my foot and have been wearing clogs instead of tie shoes. When I run I loosen the middle of the strings a ton and I bought a bunion cushion to put on it so I can run my half tomorrow.

Unknown said...

I be the bruise was from your shoelaces. I've gotten that before. It hurts so bad.

I love that Mike carries on the chocolate tradition! :) Too cute.

OMG - I didn't know that they had a Facts Of Life set. I need that.

New shoes look great! :)

Johann said...

Hope your foot is OK! Nice new shoes! Have a good week Molly!

Suz and Allan said...

Love the new shoes!