Thursday, February 23, 2012

My week so far.

I went and got my hair cut and colored the other night.  I was verrrry tempted to do something really different, as in cut it all off, or go back to red.  Instead I settled for a lighter shade of brown, which they will turn even lighter the next time I go in. I haven't been blondish in a while, but I think it's time.

The kids and I had dentist appointments today.  My blood pressure was taken, and  it was 120 over 88, which is a little high. I was completely surprised, my bp has never been high in my life. I don't know what that's all about, especially since I eat my oatmeal.






This is what it looks like before I mix it up. Oats topped with cinnamon, walnuts, dried cherries, some coconut, and a few mini chocolate morsels. 

Half Marathon training is going well, the plan is to run 8 miles on Saturday with my girls. April 15th is coming up fast.

Did you know that Beyonce trademarked Blue Ivy's name?  Seriously.

I kept trying to get into iTunes, until I realized my parental control was blocking the site.  I couldn't get that song Cannonball by The Breeders out of my head.  So I bought it.

I registered for the St. Patty's Day run, decorated my house in green shamrocks, and found my green socks. All I need to do now is to pick up some buttermilk to make soda bread. I love this time of year.

I'm working on a vlog. Don't laugh when I post it.

Another one of our televisions bit the dust.  Best Buy loves us.

We have 8 boxes of girl scout cookies, an apple pie in the freezer, and various leftover candy from Christmas and Valentine's Day.  Good thing it's Lent and that I gave up sweets.

Thanks to everyone who entered the BTB Sunglasses giveaway, I used random.org to choose a winner and it is Paige from The Last Doughnut!  Congrats!

18 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Congrats Paige! Your oatmeal looks good.

bobbi said...

I love oatmeal that's more "other stuff" than actual oatmeal :)

abbi said...

My blood pressure would probably be high at the dentist if they took it too...hate the dentist, even when it's just for the routine cleaning!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I will take that apple pie off your hands

Christi said...

My blood pressure has been high for years. Damn genetics!

Michelle said...

Congrats to Paige!

I just heard about the Blue Ivy trademark - there's some poor local small business here who's been operating under that name for years now fighting it!

Penny said...

That oatmeal looks yummy.

J said...

I eat oatmeal but its the instant kind - maybe not as good as yours. I need to get my st patricks day stuff out too especially since my husband is of Irish decent!

Evolving Through Running said...

Cannonball by the Breeders - good song. Awful album, however. Back in the days before iTunes I learned that the hard way buying the CD. Wonder how much longer they'll even bother with CDs.

That oatmeal looks pretty tasty, and I don't really like oatmeal at all. I'd much rather focus on the Girl Scout cookies.

Laima said...

Not to tempt, but thin mints are delicious frozen:) I'll have to try coconut in my oatmeal...

The Green Girl said...

Hope the high blood pressure was just a fluke. ::hugs::

Anonymous said...

WTF beyonce. Your rediculous.

They take your BP at the dentist??

I want to see you as a blond!

And I really can't wait to see your vlog!

Lisa said...

The oatmeal does look yummy and I'm not even an oatmeal fan - but that . . . that, I think I could enjoy!

Hope you are well!

Jill said...

There's no way I could have that sugar in my house and not eat it, not even giving it up for Lent...I just have no willpower, I'd have to throw it out.

Laura said...

I am terrified at the dentist...seriously terrified. They have it on my file that: "Laura hates to be here."
:)

Lisa said...

I'm blown away by so many pieces of this post. 1st - your dentist takes your blood pressure? 2nd - they seriously trademarked her name? Is that really possible and is it necessary? How full of themselves are they? 3rd - You oatmeal sounds amazing. I must try that mix sometime. It sounds like dessert!

Emily Littlefield said...

That oatmeal looks amazing! and its full of so many essentials!

Teamarcia said...

Is it odd I've never tried oatmeal of any kind? yes.
You are brave to give up sweets...especially with all that loot in the freezer.