Wednesday, February 1, 2012

That's All She Wrote


Before I started blogging, I wrote in these:






It started with a little red book that I received for my eighth birthday, "One Year Diary" was written across the front in gold script, with a lock that I could open with a key.  It contained mind blowing entries, such as “went for ice cream.” As I got older the notes were longer, it was a place I for me to rid my mind of any confusion or frustration, things I didn't care to talk about with anyone, a safe place to record my thoughts.

Through the years I’ve written about my diet and exercise goals and struggles.  The ups and downs as I followed the path of my career.  My two pregnancies, the birth of my children, my decision to become a Stay At Home Mom.  This is how this blog came to fruition.  It’s another outlet to share my thoughts as I strive for balance in all things: family, food, fitness.  Where I found the confidence to make my marathon goal a reality, times two.  Where I got over my fears, and decided to take on a triathlon.  

Along the way, I’ve connected with many others who have a similar mindset, who inspire me. 

And in turn, I’ve been told I inspire them.

I’m at the starting line of a new decade, and it’s time for me to take on a dream that has been lurking underneath all my writing. 

To seek out opportunities that allow me to share what I’ve learned in my own journey, with others. 

Yesterday I had a massage, and the therapist asked me which areas I needed the most attention. I talked about the tension in my deltoids, my tight IT bands, and sore hamstrings. 

He then asked, “You know a lot about the human anatomy, are you in the medical field?”

And I replied, “No. I’m a Runner.”
  

11 comments:

TriMOEngr said...

I've kept journals off and on in my life (though one that was read by parents got in me a crap-ton of trouble as a teenager). I think that my blog is more for me than anyone else. If it happens to inspire - great. If not, it is still so much cheaper than therapy. Happy birthday! I'd love to hear about some of your former entries.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Happy Birthday

Teamarcia said...

I kept diaries as a kid but sadly I ripped them to shreds and sprinkled them in the river so they'd never be read. Gosh how I'd love to read those about now.
All the best with your budding writing career! : )

Christi said...

I love that!

Lisa said...

Love that too - "No I'm a runner!" Perfect!!!!

Suz and Allan said...

I kept a journal for 10 years until the day it felt more like a chore and less like something I enjoyed. I still journal from time to time and the blog is a great outlet for me.

misszippy said...

Love that. We DO know our anatomy, huh?

I wish I was a journal keeper, but I'm just not. I admire those of you who do!

Anonymous said...

Writing has never been a resourceful outlet until blogging. Truthfully I hate writing which makes me not very good at it. Or maybe it's the other way around. Either way, I'm glad to have met others who share my love and passion for fitness.

Jill said...

Physical therapist, massage therapist, runner....all one word really! :)

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

I used to have tons of diaries too!!

On New Years Eve one year a bunch of us gathered our Christmas trees and hauled them to the beach for a massive bon fire (was a tradition for YEARS!) and something happened where I was "LETTING GO!" -- Next thing everyone knew, I was hauling boxes of purple marble composition books from my truck to the beach and I was throwing them into the flames...LETTING GO! hahahahha!!

Black Knight said...

"No, I am a runner" is the best answer in the world!