Monday, April 9, 2012

Is there something in the kitchen??

Holy cow, I've been sick. 

I can't remember the last time I had a cold or stomach bug, but I managed to get both in the space of a week. 

Eliza managed to get sick on St. Patrick's Day.

Luke managed to get sick the night before Easter.

Which goes to show, if it's a Holiday, then someone in my house will be sick.

I was sick two weekends ago, I had stomach issues for 3 days, no one else had it, so I'm wondering if it was something I ate.  Then I was better, but on Thursday I felt a cold coming on. I ran 8 miles on Friday morning, after that my nose pretty much closed up.  My mom is wondering if there is something toxic lingering in our kitchen, that only comes out during the Holidays. 

Easter Sunday was mellow to say the least, we decided to quarantine ourselves.  Mike went to the store and found a teeny-tiny ham, Eliza put on her Easter dress, but Luke kept it mellow in his pajamas:





We also dyed eggs, and held the annual Ugly Easter Egg Contest.  Mike didn't cook the eggs all the way, so they were a bit fragile....no deviled eggs this year! (I don't eat them anyway).  Mike isn't on twitter, but he wrote #Jesus on his egg.  And Luke made bunny ears on his blue egg, by holding the egg in the dye with his fingers.

Martha Stewart we're not.





The good thing is that I got the sickness out of the way, now I can enjoy my taper week properly! I'm going to run today, to get more miles for Team Davis, this is the last week for Rev3's Race Across America!






They are raising funds for the Ulman Cancer Fund, which provides services and support to young adults with cancer.  There is still time to donate to a very worthy cause, you can check it out here!


8 comments:

Christi said...

My boys were sick this Easter weekend as well so we went low key. That is so cute that your daughter still wore her Easter dress. Love it!

I hope y'all are feeling better! Happy Easter!

Evolving Through Running said...

Really sorry you've not been feeling well. I ate enough yesterday to make myself sick, but that was more a personal willpower problem than anything illness related. Hope you're all on the mend.

misszippy said...

So sorry you were sick like that! Timing. And glad you are better--get those Ulman Fund miles in!

Teamarcia said...

Ugh! Sorry about the bug and the horrible timing!

Heidi @BananaBuzzbomb said...

Oof! I know the feeling. Holidays + Sick = =( Hope everyone gets/stays healthy in your fam!

Jill said...

Oh yuck. I am NOT coming to your how to visit during any holidays! Get better soon!

Ara said...

Oh man! Sorry to hear you were all sick over the Easter holiday. I hope you all get feeling better soon.

Suz and Allan said...

Hope you all get to feeling better!