I had signed up for the WEGO Health Activist Writer's Challenge for the month of April, each day they choose a topic to blog about, then you link up with others who are passionate about healthy living. I dropped the ball on the challenge last week, but I figured it's not too late to start!
Day 10's topic is "Dear 16 Year Old Me"
I was about as typical of a 16 year old as you could get. I had a close circle of friends, rode my bike, played tennis and field hockey, went to the movies and the beach, and babysat as often as I could. I was happy, and had my whole life planned out.
Twenty four years later, I'm happy with my life and the paths I chose, sure I made mistakes along the way, and I have a few regrets. But if I had to tell my 16 year old self five things, this is what they would be:
1. Since I recently went shopping for a new bathing suit, I would say "Enjoy that two piece! You have nothing to hide, you look fantastic, wear it with pride."
2. There are going to be low points in your life. Be strong, and try to stay on a healthy path during those times. Ice cream or wine help for an hour or two, but if you keep it up, you're going to have to buy a pair of fat pants.
3. Don't be afraid to stray from your carefully laid plans. Embrace adventure, and think outside of the box in all areas of your life.
4. Keep using the sunscreen, but with all the time you'll spend outside, start using a good eye cream. Every. Single. Day.
5. Yes, you can trust in your close friendships. You will indeed have them for life.
So what would you tell your 16 year old self???
If you want to join in the blogging fun, check out the WEGO Health Blog here.