Friday, April 13, 2012

As good as I can pack.

Did you ever see the movie As Good As It Gets with Jack Nicholson?  He plays an OCD neat freak, and there is a scene where he is packing for a weekend getaway. Everything is laid out on his bed in orderly piles, including his toiletries, and as he puts things in the suitcase, he checks them off a list

That's totally me.  Whenever I go away, I have a list of what I need, and I take over the guest room with my piles of necessities.  Right now I'm packing for my trip to NYC, for the More/Fitness Half Marathon, and the bed looks just like Jack's. I thought about taking a picture, but I'll spare you the details.

I'm really excited to get out of town, Jeannine, Norine and I are driving down, and meeting up with my good friends, Jennifer and Jennifer, this will be their first half marathon!  I'll see some of my other friends, and my sister Ali as well.  I'm ready to run, an all women race will be different, although two laps of Central Park might get a bit tiresome, but we'll see.

It will be a great way to end Spring Break, although the kids and I had a lot of fun this week.

We even got to pet an elephant:





Luke said it felt like a squishy rock. 


Happy Weekend, Happy Training, and GOOD LUCK to everyone running BOSTON!!!!!

11 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO the opposite of that. I throw absolutely EVERYTHING in...therefore no list is needed ;-)

A Prelude To... said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO the opposite of that. I throw absolutely EVERYTHING in...therefore no list is needed ;-)

Anonymous said...

Yep, not me. I just keep tossing things in until I have way too much! Maybe I could take a lesson from you!

Darlene said...

One of my fav films. Me too. I start filling an laundry basket and take over the guest room. Good luck in the Half. I want to run that one soome day. Love nYC.

TriMOEngr said...

I used to be an OCD packer, but these days I seem to be flying more by the seat of my pants which kind of stresses me out as I'm always sure I've forgotten something. I'd have appreciated the picture!

Michelle said...

I'm totally an OCD packer so I can relate!

Have fun and good luck this weekend!!

Lisa said...

Hi I'm Wells L and I'm an OCD packer too!

I'm not sure I could ever touch an elephant - cool for y'all who did! EEK!

Ara said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Christi said...

Have a great getaway and enjoy your race!

Teamarcia said...

I'm a total list maker. If I don't, I forget everything. I hope your weekend and your race were fun!

Black Knight said...

I am glad that your kids love the animals.