Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Faves

I need some sleep.

I'm in the middle of another round of insomnia, made worse by Eliza.  She's had nightmares almost every night this week, usually around three a.m. One night Mike asked me what that noise was, and I said it was just my nightly wake-up call.

Once I'm up it's hard for me to drop back off, because my mind starts spinning and I think about everything that I should just think about during daylight hours.  Last night I thought of things.  Things that bug me, things I like, things that I find necessary.

Then I thought, that would be a fun blog post.

So here it is.

Today I'll kick off Friday Faves, things that make me happy!


Let's start with my hair.  My stylist always straightens my hair after she cuts and colors it, but I prefer to let it air dry and be wavy.  I'm particularly happy with my new highlights:








One of the first things I do when I get up and walk into the bathroom, is take this eye de-puffer, and swipe away the bags under my eyes.  It really does work:






Know what this is? Organic lip balm! It's from EOS and I keep it within arms reach at all times, it lasts forever, and I love the sweet mint flavor.






I'm not a manicure person, the polish seems to chip the second I walk out of the nail shop, so I stick to pedicures.  I like my nails to look neat though, and this is the perfect shade, you can't tell if it chips.






My hip has been a bit sore since the More/Fitness Half, so I've been using this massager to work out the kinks.  The kids gave it to me for my birthday, they know their Mommy well.






So those are my faves for this Friday, tell me what you're loving today!

Happy Weekend!


*Note: I bought all these products. I'm just talking about them 'cause I like them.

14 comments:

Runners Fuel said...

I work with my hands, a lot! So, I'm more of a pedicure person, too.

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

I can't hardly stand it when my nails don't look nice and neat. Have you ever tried the shellac polish? It's your natural nails, but a polish that they cure with the light... lasts for me up to 3 weeks!!! Get french so it's less noticeable when your nails grow.

Darlene said...

I laughed when I read your post - Ii got highlights yesterday & let my hair go natural rather than having my hair dresser blow it straight. I get a french manicure with UV gel & it lasts for a LONG time.

ajh said...

One of my favorite things is my "rolling thing" that stretches out my calves and helps keep my PF at bay.

Darlene said...

I really need that eye de-puffer!!!

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky your hair looks so cute air dried. Mine is partly naturally curly and part straight. It looks rediculous.

I'm definitely going to have to try that eye stuff. I have insomnia issues too. And now, sleeping even less from uncomfortable pregnancy stuff. Thanks for the tip. I hope you get some sleep tonight!

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky your hair looks so cute air dried. Mine is partly naturally curly and part straight. It looks rediculous.

I'm definitely going to have to try that eye stuff. I have insomnia issues too. And now, sleeping even less from uncomfortable pregnancy stuff. Thanks for the tip. I hope you get some sleep tonight!

RunCupcake said...

I have that eye depuffer too - I LOVE it!!!!

I have one of those massagey things too but it doesn't have cold/heat - I'm intrigued!

Jill said...

I didn't know you could buy a eye bad depuffer. I'm heading to the store immediately!!!!

J. L. said...

I've had a sleepless week. And it's Friday morning and I'm reading your blog because the nap isn't working either. LOVE EOS and your hair looks amazing!

misszippy said...

I feel your insomnia pain! I hope you get some shut eye ASAP!

I love that nail polish color--will have to look for it!

Michelle said...

I go through bouts of insomnia too - really messes me up! Hope you get some sleep soon!

I need that eye de-puffer :)

Black Knight said...

Today I am loving ... friday because after I have 4 days off!!!
I hope you get a good sleep soon.

Suz and Allan said...

I don't have any of those things but if I were still working a job with normal hours the eye thing would be a must!