Friday, September 23, 2011

Let's do five for friday

1. PT went well today.  Michelle said that my leg is much looser than it was last Friday, which is great news.  I've been vigilant about using my heating pad, rolling, and stretching, especially my IT bands, which are a big part of the problem.  This is my new favorite stretch for that area, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.




this isn't me, it's a photo I found while searching online.

My other issue is my pelvis, it's tilted a bit.  Michelle held my bent, bad leg to the table, then had me push down on my other leg. The bad leg immediately felt better, pushing on the opposite leg helps to straighten out my pelvis.  Who knew such a small move would give big results.

I didn't do my 17 miles yesterday, but we're staying in town this weekend, so I get to run tomorrow.  YIPEE!!!!!

2. I wiped out twice this week.  The first time was when the kids and I took Frank for a walk.  We went through a woodsy area, Frank darted after a squirrel, and yanked me down.  The second time was when Mike and I were goofing around and dancing a bit, and I fell backwards, onto my lower back and elbow.  Ouch.  I think I need to be put into a box until race day.

3. Every day is a different day, I'm wearing a bunch of different hats, sometimes all at once.  I'm more involved with the PTA this year, and so far, my part-time job is going well.  I went into the office the other day, and had to go over some things with Mike.  He was explaining something to me, and I just started laughing.  It's so funny that he's my boss, but also my husband.  I finally got a chance to catch up on blogs, and pay some more attention to my own.  I have something fun coming up next week, so stay tuned!

4. How happy am I that fall television has started?  Between Parenthood, The Office, Two and a Half Men (which I thought was pretty funny, but Mike thinks I just liked looked at a semi-naked Ashton Kutcher), and Survivor, my DVR is full. And I'm surprised that I'm team Coach this season, over Ozzie.  I don't know, he grew on me.

5. These things are like crack. Stay away.





Happy Training, and Happy Weekend!

21 comments:

Brittney said...

I love Parenthood! Such a good show! Good luck on your long run!

Lisa said...

Oh my - you need bubble wrap . . . and a helmet? :) Just kidding, but seriously BE CAREFUL!

So glad PT is working! I'm glad you are seeing progress.

Almond Joy pieces - oh my . . . didn't know they existed, didn't know they were like crack, now after your post . . it's all I can think of!!!! Maybe I can eat some as my reward tomorrow when (not if) I get my half mary PR!

Good luck on your long run!!!! Will be thinking about you.

A Prelude To... said...

My husband and I have worked together at our home business for the past 12 years. I never recommend it to other people (it is SO hard), but for the most part it has worked out well for and especially for being home with our kids every single day since the day they were born.

I think our main area of concern is treating each other as we would treat our coworkers or bosses in a real job and not how we interact on a daily married basis. Maybe that's a sign we need to treat each other better in our marriage, too!

Runners Fuel said...

I love Parenthood. It's my post run Saturday morning while I'm eating breakfast tv watch.

SupermomE13 said...

I am not a huge TV watcher but I am super happy about Modern Family and Grey's Anatomy. I do really like Parenthood too. :)

SO GlAD your leg is doing better. Yay!

fancy nancy said...

I love me some Fall TV!!! Our DVR is totally full! I catch up on Saturday mornings before my long runs when the rest of the house is asleep! Good luck with your 17 miler tomorrow! I need to stay FAR away from those candies! I love coconut!

Jill said...

I go to PT once a week now...from Feb - June, it was twice a week, and each time I go, I am in awe at something that is out of whack and a simple move can "fix" it. Lately, my hamstring is being a real bi*&h but he does something to my hip and whalaaa, all better. Until I run again. Ha.

I rarely watch tv, but I do have it on in the background when I am on my computer working...I'm grateful for new seasons of ANYTHING! I have watched a few episodes of parenthood....but missed this first one. whaaa!! Email me and tell me what I missed :).

Um...I am certain if I had those Almond Joy pieces in my house, they'd be gone in a microsecond. I cannot buy that stuff, I have zero willpower. Never stopped me when I was in a crap place with my heel ... nothing like not being able to run AND eating sugar all day, huh?? Yeah, paying for that right now, but it is slowing coming off.

Happy weekend, miss Molly Moll!!
xo

Michelle said...

Great to hear the PT's working! Hope your 17 goes ok...and be careful ;)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Dont forget the Biggest Loser!!! My DVR is full now too

I agree, those are crack, have you tried Coconut M&M's, they are even BETTER

H Love said...

I love Modern family....but should be hitting the books instead! Glad things are going well with work and that PT is working!! Crossing fingers....good luck on long run!

ajh said...

I would hate those things as I hate coconut! And I am all about Modern Family too.

Annie said...

Hope your 17 miler goes well!

Anonymous said...

I like coach this season too! But I never want someone whose been on the show to win. It irritates me when they bring people back. Let the new blood have their chance. These people already had their shot (3 of em actually!). And Ashton half naked is never a bad idea :)

Take care of yourself!

Amy said...

Hope your long run went well today!

XLMIC said...

A bubble and styrofoam peanuts! Take care and watch out! I hope your leg issues lighten up on you and your long run went super well :)

Caratunk Girl said...

Those things are like crack!! I have had them!

I like taht stretch. Great work with the PT!

I MIGHT have just liked the naked Ashton Kutcher

Tara said...

Well good grief, I can tell it's fall marathon season, every blog I go to someone is injured. BLAH.

Hang in there with that IT and pelvis thing. That was my problem last year. I have spent a lot of time building up my hip, glute, and core strength over the last year.

Hope your 17 miler went well this weekend????

Liz Mays said...

I thought Two and a Half Men was pretty funny too. I didn't think the funeral part was that great, but when Ashton showed up, it all got better.

Unknown said...

I'm loving Survivor too and Coach. Funny you should mention that because I gave him a big fat eye roll when I saw him walk on... and now I like him! :)

MCM Mama said...

I hear you on wearing a ton of different hats. I don't work for my husband, but I do work for a friend who I've known for more than 20 years (and he's my son's godfather). I love working for someone I can be totally real with.

Hope the PT keeps fixing things for you!

Mohka.co.uk said...

I love large canvas hats, i've got about 20 at home!