Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall 5k Virtual Race!

I've wanted to host a virtual race for a while now, and since fall is the best time of year to run, here it is!






It seems like once fall hits, everyone has so much going on, but we still need to find time to run!  Thus the 5k distance (which can be a part of a longer run if you'd like). 

Prizes will be given as follows:



First place: a $100 electronic gift card to Everyday Endurance!!







Second place: a $30 gift card to The Silver Maple






Third place: a pair of Wrightsocks anti-blister socks, and a sample of GU






The NYC Marathon is six weeks away, and I'm still working on reaching my fundraising goal.  So thanks to the generous donations from Everyday Endurance, the Silver Maple, Wrightsocks, and GU, I'm able to put on this Fundraising 5k!

Here is how it will work:

1. Your race fee to enter, is a donation of any size to my fundraising page HERE, for The Children's Tumor Foundation.  If you have already donated, you're already in!

2. follow Everyday Endurance on twitter here, or facebook here.  And please check out the beautiful jewelry at The Silver Maple. 

3. Run 3.2 miles any time between Saturday October 1st, and Sunday, October 9th.  You can include the 3.2 in a longer run if you like, just be sure to document your time in your race report.

4. Write up your report, and email me the link by Monday October 10th.  I will post the winners on Tuesday October 11th.


So that's it!  If you're in, please leave me a comment....and Happy Running!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so in! Love it.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

What a great idea twinsie!!! You are so creative!!!

giraffy said...

I love a virtual race - I'm in!

Unknown said...

Love it... will make it part of my marathon on October 9th! :)

Sarah Grecco said...

I'm in full force....

xo
Sarah
Get Up & Go

SupermomE13 said...

I am totally in. Yay for a virtual 5k! :)

Amy said...

I'm in! (I've been meaning to donate...)

Heather said...

I was speedier the rest of the week after running this race!