Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Weekend of Finds

Don't you love it when you find things that make your day?  Or just surprise you?  I had several of those moments this weekend. 


The first one was yesterday morning.


I found out that I bought the wrong paint color:






Then I took the kids shopping, where I found these goodies:




Cultured almond milk, I'm assuming it's like yogurt.  It has a whopping 8 grams of fat per cup, but I was curious. Anyone ever have it?



In the next aisle I found this:





Marley's Mellow Mood decaf iced tea. I love reggae, during our wedding reception, Mike and I had the venue play reggae during our cocktail hour.  So I had to buy this tea.  Later on I read the back of the bottle, this isn't your usual iced tea, there is a warning not to drive after you drink this stuff, and to limit yourself to two bottles a day! It has melatonin in it, which is a natural sleep aid.  I think I'll save this for when my friend Insomnia comes to visit.



When we were in BJ's, I came across this frozen treat:




I only buy ice cream for the kids, I can't trust myself around it, I can easily scarf down a tub, no problem.  But this time I made an exception.  I love those Baci chocolates, we used to get them in our Christmas stockings as kids, and now when Mike brings them home for me, the kids know not to touch "Mommy's candy."


In another aisle, I spotted something on sale, that I've wanted to buy the kids for a while:




It was $100 off, so it finally fit into my budget.  The instructions say to allow 3 - 4 hours for assembly.  But if you can remember how long it took me to put together that toy kitchen at Christmas, it's going to take more like 8 - 9 hours.


When we got home, I found my new bathing suit in my mailbox.  It's a grab bag suit, and I was happy with what they sent: 





I went right out and swam 600 meters. I felt as slick as a seal.



After my swim, I saw that Eliza found her inner yogi:







That was some Saturday.

Did you find anything great this weekend????

20 comments:

Christi said...

You founds some really great things. I was wondering if the tea had some wacky tabacky in it?!

I love the inner yogi your daughter found. I wish I could get there!

Unknown said...

Some good finds... some not so good! :)

Oooh - the grab bag suit is way cute!

How funny is your daughter???

Lisa said...

I found internal speed and set a new 5K PR!!!

Love your daughter's inner yogi- hilarious!

Sounds like a great weekend for you!!! Hope to see step by step (with clock time photos) of the playhouse assembling progress :) Good luck!!!

Katie H said...

Oh my gosh Eliza is too cute! Haha that iced tea reggae drink sounds scary. Hooray for some great finds!

Katie H said...

Oh my gosh Eliza is too cute! Haha that iced tea reggae drink sounds scary. Hooray for some great finds!

Susan Fobes said...

Funny you should mention paint...I had to go back to Lowes for another gallon of blue paint for my son's room. (I HATE painting.)
I don't frequent the BJ's around here because it's too far away, but it looks like you got some cool stuff (minus the tea that is-zzz)

Unknown said...

Some neat stuff Molly!! Love the Grab bag suits!!! Your daughter is the cutest!! ha ha!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Thats a cool playhouse, though it doesnt look 3-4 hours to me. Have fun building it

The suit is a nice one considering it was a grab bag, I heard they send out some really ugly ones in those bags

Laura said...

I found my garden...after I tackled the jungle of weeds in it.
I could not have those Baci in my house....at all....

Black Knight said...

Eliza is too cute! My daughter has the same name.
Baci Perugina ... an italian sweety!

Rad Runner said...

I love surprises like those!!! Yummy ones, and cute and smart ones like Eliza (who knows whats goin on! :)

giraffy said...

Ha! That Eliza pic is cracking.me.up.

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

With Bob Marley on the label, I'm surprised melatonin is the mellow-maker ingredient in the tea. haha

I found an awesome winery this weekend! Well, I actually knew about the winery, since it's where a couple of my races have started, but I had never had any of their wine. We went to a Jazz on the Lawn that they hosted on Saturday, and it was GREAT!

Emz said...

Slick as a seal. Freaking love that.

I found a girl playing peanuts Vball team who's nickname was "pita". Loved that.

ajh said...

Love the picture of Eliza. I had a GREAT weekend.

Anonymous said...

Score! The stars must have been aligned.

Mark said...

OMG!! As a child growing up I loved eating Baci! My parents are from Umbria, and that was a special treat we would have on holidays. I would eat about ten at a time. Thus began my fascination with overdoing things (i.e. Ironman).

Johann said...

That ice cream looks too good. I'm a bit of a milkshake & ice cream junkie. I found something this weekend that I can't share with the world...yet.

kristen said...

Cool. But what do you mean you bought the wrong paint color? Are you guys painting your house and you bought the wrong color? I like it....

cutltured coconut milk....mmm. that does sound interesting. I've recently switched from soy milk to coconut mile and I love it. So good!

Tortuga_Runner said...

Your little yogi, just helped me find my inner a moment of peace. Smiling.