Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Q & A Part One

We're back home, and now my Mom is here visiting, which is nice since she hasn't been up here since winter.  So I'm snagging a few minutes to answer some of the questions asked in my last post.

Erin from See Mom Run Far asked:

What food(s) are your biggest temptations?  If chocolate is staring me in the face, I have to take a nibble.  Pizza often calls to me, and if we're out somewhere and Mike gets fries with his meal, a few of them some how manage to make it onto my plate.

If you could run any race anywhere, what would it be?  I would love to run a marathon in Ireland, I just think that would be so cool.

Would you rather run a flat marathon in crazy heat, or one that was all uphill?  I can deal wtih hills pretty well, but I think 26.2 miles of them would be extreme. I'd rather load my hat and sports bra up with ice and run through the heat.

Who is your favorite blogger from Wyoming??   Well, she has 12 kids and is running the NYC Marathon, and I'm looking forward to meeting her, so that would be you Erin!
 
AJH from Age Groups Rock also asked:
 
What is your guiltiest food or drink pleasure?  I'm happy to expand on my answer above....drink wise, I love wine, or a margarita.  When I was waitressing I came across the best taste combo ever, chocolate mousse with a glass of red wine. Heaven.
 
So what is your favorite terrain to run on? Is there a terrain you hate?  I really enjoy running on the paved paths of my neighborhood, and I love to run in the Adirondacks.  Every once in a while I'll do a trail run, but I'm so clumsy that half the time I'm watching the ground for roots or rocks and I don't enjoy it as much as I could.

Raquelita from Historiadora on the Run asked:
 
When and why did you decide to become a runner? I had to run in high school when I played field hockey, but I didn't run on a regular basis until after I graduated from college.  I was trying to drop some weight, and soon enough, I was hooked. After several years of running for fun and health, I did a Turkey Trot, then 10k's, 15k's, a half marathon, then a full.

What is your favorite pizza topping?  Mushrooms and Onions, I kind of have a thing for onions, I put them on everything.

Suzy from Running On My Time asked:

What are you looking forward to most about doing a tri?  I'm looking forward to the challenge of three different sports in one race, it's a whole new type of race for me, one that I never thought I would do.   I'm also secretly happy that this race is All Women, it lowers the intimidation factor a bit.

Are you afraid of any animals?  Geese scare the heck out of me.  If I come across them on the path, I run the other way, even if I have Frank the dog with me.

Run or bike?  Definitely run. Before my tri training started, I liked to take leisurely bike rides, which I'll continue to do for cross training.

Baby Weight My Fat Ass asked:

What's the hardest part of training for you?  Fitting it in around everyone's schedules.  On Sunday's I look at my week and figure out when I can work out, it's usually when the kids are at school or summer camp.

Kristen from Run For Wine asked:

What did you do before you had children?  Before Luke and Eliza came on the scene, I was an Account Exec (which is a fancy word for working in Advertising Sales) at a newspaper in NYC.  I worked with a fabulous group of people, and handled national retail accounts, as well as small Mom and Pop shops.  Mike and I took advantage of our time there, we worked hard and played hard, we traveled, explored the city, went to concerts and games, stayed out until 4 a.m.   We waited through 31.5 hours of labor for Luke to be born, but when I held him for the first time, I realized I had been waiting for much longer than that. 

Part Two will be in my next post....but in the meantime....have you checked out my Fundraising Giveaway??? Great gear from Tommie Copper Compression, Running Skirts, Wrightsocks, Sweaty Bands, Lift Your Sole, GU, Gone for a Run, Inperspire and Ryders!  Click here to enter!

13 comments:

Raquelita said...

Geese are seriously evil! They frighten me quite a bit and I always try to give them a wide berth when I encounter them on a run.

giraffy said...

Ohhh my gosh, I despise geese!!!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Racing in Ireland sounds fun

You can tell Mike isnt an endurance athlete, anyone tries to take food off my plate might lose some fingers

I like how your going to "still bike for cross training", ohhhhhhh tris are soooooo addicting, you just watch

Jill@Run for the Hills said...

Your new mommy thought was the cutest thing I've ever read.

Teamarcia said...

I've heard wonderful things about the Dublin Marathon. How cool would that be?

ajh said...

I'm with you on the geese but snakes are so much worse.

There is a really cool lesser known marathon in Ireland. I think I have a link somewhere if you want me to look for it.

Michael said...

I really don't like onions, except oddly enough I love onion rings. My sister loves them though and piles them on and in everything she cooks.

Ahh... a marathon in Ireland sounds awesome, well except the marathon thing.

The all women's race will be great. My first tri was an all women's event and it was awesome. I'm doing that same race again this weekend.

Unknown said...

:) That's all...

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Isn't pizza evil?!! I love learning more about you twinsie!

If you could only have one TV network, what would it be? Wait, I think I know this one!

Who would play you in your movie?

Favorite authors/books?

Mark said...

My wife can find chocolate within a 50 yard radius from our house. I AM NOT KIDDING. If I bring home chocolate, or if by some rare chance I had eaten chocolate that day... she will give me a kiss when I come home and say "when did you have chocolate today." She is psycho.

Wait... we had lives before kids? Bwaaaahahahahahaha.

We barely did.

Katie @ Legally Fit said...

31.5 hours of labor- yikes! I love your answer to that question- so sweet!

Red wine and chocolate mousse does sound perfect. Love these kinds of posts :)

Laima said...

Seems like we have very similar food tastes- wine, margaritas, mushroom and onion pizza, fries, chocolate...:)

A Prelude To... said...

chocolate mousse with a glass of red wine...THAT sounds absolutely YUMMY! I'm going to have to try that. I love when I'm wine tasting and they give us dark chocolate with certain wines. YUMMY dessert!

I'm an onion girl, too. I will put them on ANYTHING.