Well, I have a decision to make.
I've been registered for the Boilermaker 15k since winter, the race is closed, and it's coming up on Sunday. I love this race for many reasons, and this summer marks my fifth year in a row running it.
Although I'm not sure if I can do it.
I haven't been able to run for over 4 weeks due to my sprained foot. I've rested, iced, had orthotics made for my running shoes. I've been swimming more, and biking when I can. I've broken the orthotics in gradually, and last Tuesday I ran 2 miles, no sweat. Thursday I ran 2 miles, no sweat. Saturday I ran 3 fabulous miles, and felt great.
Saturday night and Sunday morning, the foot pain was back. And that new knee pain was there too, which I'm hoping is due to the orthotics.
So on Sunday I swam, and have no pain today.
As much as I want to run my race Sunday, I could probably run/walk it, I don't know if it's such a great idea. I have Irongirl coming up in August, and this week I start marathon training for NYC.
I don't want to jeopardize those races for the Boilermaker.
I heard that there is a waiting list of people hoping to get a spot for Sunday, so at least I could help someone out if I bail out.
I see the podiatrist on Wednesday for a follow-up and I know what he's going to say.
But I need to decide today.
On a bright note, I picked a winner for the Gotein giveaway, congrats Ozone3!