Friday, July 8, 2011

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 for Friday

1.  It's going to be hot this weekend.  Which means I'll be able to fit in a bunch of biking, swimming and running.

I'm going to appreciate the warm temps since we'll have this in about six months:






2.  I'm not in a cooking mood, so we're having Thai food tonight.  Although I'd rather have this:







3.  I ordered a TYR grab bag bathing suit last week, but because of the holiday, the shipment has been delayed. I may or may not post a photo of myself wearing it.  I must say though, I'm getting more and more comfortable in the water.  I still have to take on an Open Water Swim, so let's see what I have to say after that.

4. I have been wearing my kids OUT.  They have summer camp in the mornings, followed by swim lessons.  Then I take them back to the pool in the late afternoon.  This morning I literally had to drag them out of bed, I felt like a drill Sargent. 

5. I am posting Mega Fundraising Giveaway Number Two next week.  This time around, there will be multiple winners.  Here is a list of just some of the fabulous companies who donated products:  Running Skirts, Ryders, Lift Your Sole, GU, Wrightsocks, Sweaty Bands, Gone for a Run, and Inperspire!  And remember, if you've already donated, you automatically gain entries : )

Have a fabulous weekend!!!! 





10 comments:

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

I would rather have Sushi every day as well. I even had it for lunch... LOVED it..

Christi said...

I have yet to really enjoy sushi. Personally, I would rather have Mexican food!

Jill said...

Worn out kids = a peaceful afternoon for mom! :)

I can't eat Sushi but my kids love it (huh??)...I'm with Christi - MEXICAN!!

Happy Weekend...

and btw, I relinked Ron's article about running injuries - it was all messed up last night so now it's good to go...and a fantastic article!

H Love said...

Busy sunny days are the best! Looking forward to give away #2...I think I missed the first one.

Unknown said...

Keeping mine busy too. That's the way to go :) If not, mine would be bouncing off the walls. Sushi looks awesome!! I've already eaten but I could go for some of that :)

Michael said...

I posted a pic of the snow on my blog too. That's kind of funny.

Sounds like your kids are getting in lots of activity this summer! That's great!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Way to go drill Sargent mommy!! I'm with you and could do sushi any day of the week!!

justme said...

the other day i just thought about the snow and i almost wanted to cry.... i love summer

Felice Devine said...

Love days when you wear the kids out! That's what I'm doing w/my son -- it's great!

Sorry you won't be running the Boilermaker this year.

Mrs. M said...

I have been so into eating sushi these days - it's so delicious! I keep my kids pretty busy too - I try to scale back (if we can) if it seems like they are getting too worn out - but they will remember all this stuff fondly and forget how exhausted they were! :)