Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fish In Foil

In case you haven't been keeping track, next week is the final Weigh In Wednesday.  I was happy today, no gain, no loss.  I'm wondering if this is going to be it for my weight loss. I'm in week two of marathon training, and there are four weeks until IronGirl.  Last year when I trained for the 26.2, I didn't lose weight like I thought I would, so maybe history will repeat itself.  I've just got to keep an eye on the amount of foods I'm taking in, and make good choices.

Last night was a perfect example, I made fish en papillote.  Well, I didn't have the parchment paper, so I made due with tin foil, which I think is easier to use, thus making it "Fish in Foil."  I used filet's of tilapia, olive oil, salt and pepper, and lemon slices.  I took a sheet of foil, folded it in half, placed the ingredients inside, then folded over the edges so it made a half circle, leaving room to allow the foil to puff up while it cooked.  I put it in the oven at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.  So easy, quick, and good for the waistline.





I also had a bunch of lovely spinach, so I sauteed that with olive oil and garlic.  I can never get over how much spinach shrinks when you cook it.

Before.



After.




I also made some brown rice to go with it, and voila, the finished Fish In Foil:





Do you have a favorite healthy dish??? 


Final Weigh In is next Wednesday!  Good Luck!!


12 comments:

Liz Mays said...

That looks so fresh and appetizing!

Amanda@runninghood said...

oooh, yummy. I wish I could say that I loved to cook or that i have a favorite dish to cook but I don't enjoy cooking so much. But my hubby made some yummy salmon last night with a sort of healthy version of a peanut sauce. it was soooo good! Happy weigh in next wednesday!

J said...

I love making tilapia! So good and so easy! And it doesn't make me feel like I am stuffed after I finish the meal!

misszippy said...

That looks so good! And the shrinkage factor for spinach, kale, etc. kills me!

Stephanie Anne said...

Looks delish! I may have to make that monday for our fish night!

Jill said...

That looks really good! I bought some Tilipia the other day but had no clue how to cook it (hush..I am just a chicken girl :))..will defintley try. I am not a cooked spinach girl though - must be raw!

Lisa said...

I'm sooo thankful for Wednesday weigh-ins. I weighed on Monday and it said I was up 2 pounds (I nearly fainted on the scale). Today, the scale was friendlier - it was just like yours - no gain no loss . . . not too bad since I did some off track eating last week. Hopefully I can tighten down for the final weigh in!!! How's the running going? How's the legs and feet feeling?

Chris @ Heavy Steps said...

That looks really good!

Lisa said...

Looks delicious! I haven't made fish in a while, but I have used this method before and it works well. I should do this again soon!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

My goto dish, which is quick, is scrambled eggs, black beans, salsa, spinach salad

Courtney @ I CAN DO THIS said...

Yes, spinach is so frustrating like that! I can eat a whole bag of spinach in one sitting when I sautee it :(

I love to broil salmon. It's such an easy fish so I just sprinkle some kind of seasoning on it and stick it under the broiler for a few minutes.

We usually do a sweet potato and spinach like you did when we have salmon.

Erica Gorman said...

The Tex-Mex lover in me can crave enchiladas but I have refined my recipe to make it so much healthier than one loaded with cheese. I add plenty of "secret" ingredients including tofu. The "secret" part varies but can be squash, pumpkin, spinach, cauliflower, etc. And of course, only wheat tortillas!

They are loaded with veggies but you would never know since it still feels like creamy cheese!