Tuesday, August 10, 2010

more to know about me.

J tagged me to share ten random things about myself. 

Hmmmmm, what the heck haven't I told you yet? 

1. I loved working in restaurants, my first job was as a bus girl in high school, at the Pig N Whistle, a restaurant down at the beach.  My last job was waiting tables at a tappas style place, I did three shifts a week in addition to working full time, to help pay for my wedding. I just love the vibe. The cash is nice too.

2. The first concert I went to was Bryan Adams, the last one was Kelly Clarkson last summer.  The best one I went to was the Grammy's in 2003, where and Simon and Garfunkel reunited to sing The Sound of Silence (hello goosebumps).

3. I no longer have a Long Island accent. Although I've been told it comes back when I chew gum.

4. My first car was a '78 Chevy Malibu, an old undercover police car with a broken speedometer.  Never got a ticket. 

5. I was an exchange student in high school, and I'm still in contact with people from the program. I stayed just outside of London, and was able to spend time in Scotland and Wales while I was there.  I really want Luke and Eliza to take advantage of a program like that.  

6.  I'm good at party tricks.  I can fit my fist into my mouth, and I can do "chin man." (draw a nose, and eyes on your chin, hang upside down off the edge of the couch, and cover your face from your nose down. It looks like a weird little person talking to you).

7. I can be lazy about certain things.  I have a shelf in the bathroom, and I'm constantly knocking things off it, and they land in....the toilet.  One time my whole make up bag went in. But do I move things off the shelf, or, possibly close the lid?  No. I don't.

8. I'm very close to my family, I speak with my sister Meagen at least once a day.  One of the hardest things I've had to do was to tell them we were moving upstate. 

9.  If there was a fire, other than Mike and the kids, the first thing I would grab are my photo albums. Everything else you can replace.

10.  I've never met a pizza that I didn't like. But you probably knew that already.

I'm to tag three bloggers, and they are:

and three...Runners Fuel

25 comments:

Jill said...

I don't think there's a pizza I could eat I wouldn't like either :). Thanks for sharing your list, very fun :).

Julie said...

Hi Molly,
I love these posts! You know how much I love random and learning more about blogger friends:)

I love Bryan Adams too...my first concert was Jon Bon Jovi:)

Funny about the knocking stuff over and having it land in the toilet! My daughter does that all of the time:)

Unknown said...

WOW!! Yeah!! You picked me. How cool is that. Thank you. I laughed about the stuff falling in the toilet. That is so me. I am lazy about some things too.
So, I'll figure out what I'm going to say and post tomorrow :)

The Green Girl said...

These posts are the best - so much fun to read!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

A long, long time ago, I dated a girl who was from LIC that lost her accent, but when she got mad, it came back fast.

I agree with the pizza comment

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

I'm with you on the photo albums! Well... I WAS with you on the photo albums. That used to always scare me too--the thought of losing all those photographs. It took me FOREVER, but I did a photo-scanning project and digitally backed up every photo that I have. I burned two copies to disk. One is in the safe at home and one is in the safe at work.

Tara said...

I love these lists! I love the thought of you in an undercover police car; that's hilarious.

I'm with you on the pizza. Totally.

Congrats on your 19 miler from the post below! You did awesome and it's such a confidence booster knowing you can go the full 26.2. Have fun on your "short" runs. :)

J said...

great list! I loved reading this!

I would grab the photo albums too in a fire because you really can't replace them at all!

Teamarcia said...

Love your list!

Johann said...

Nice list! Wonder if we'll ever see photos of your party tricks...?

Anonymous said...

I tried to picture the chin man but I guess it's too early for that, lol. I'm with you on the pizza!

Rae said...

I love these posts! Thanks for sharing!

Jon said...

I love these kind of posts!

Emz said...

I love #9. My favorite

ajh said...

You went to the Grammys! You saw Simon and Garfunkel! How cool. This is my first summer in a long time without a concert. Last summer I saw Paul McCartney on a gorgeous evening at Fenway Park. That was the BEST!

NY Wolve said...

Very funny. I worked in restaurants growing up. My first car was a 1976 Monte Carlo.

As for photos, one thing I did over last several years was migrate them all to picasa. That way they are always there in digital land. If you only have photos, scan them and upload -- not as good as the original, but still...you will never lose them.

Iron Mike said...

You need to sneak a chin man pic in here.
Considering the physical and artistic requirements, I do wonder how you decide to start doing that gag.

Joanne said...

Ditto on that pizza love!

The Diva on a Diet said...

I love these "things about me" posts too ... always so interesting to learn more about each other. Funny, one of my favorite jobs - of the seemingly million I've had - was a waitress job as well. I suppose it was because I worked with all of my friends (college age at the time) - we had a blast!

Erika said...

This list was great....and gave me some fun ideas for my list! Thanks for the tag:)

Unknown said...

So funny...for some reason I had a vision of you running while sticking your whole fist in your mouth...now that would be a party trick!!

Darlene said...

I'm from LI too.

Suzy said...

Great list! Taking part in an exchange program is probably one of the best things a student can do! I'm also still in touch with the family I stayed with in southern France. I agree with you, I hope my kids do it as well.

Darlene said...

It's USTA tennis sectionals - at Syracuse U. I'm from East Meadow but I went to UAlbany and stayed.

I've seen Simon & Garfunkel too.

I agree. Exchange programs are great. I spent my junior year of college in the south of France.

I've also lived with a famnily for a week (3x) in Russia.

Fruit Fly said...

You went to the Grammy's??? So cool!!
~RR