Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy Circle

One of my blog buddies, Susan, passed this Circle of Friends along to me a few weeks ago.  For this one you need to list 5 things that make you happy, and make sure you do them the day you post.  Well, lets see.

1. I love a good night out.  Like Friday night's foray to the NY State Fair, which lasts for 12 days every August.  Usually its a day out with the kids, taking them on rides, looking at animals and the butter sculpture.  But Friday was all about the grown ups, being silly, having beers.  I laughed until I cried more than once.  I also finally acquired a cowboy hat....I've wanted one for so long, and when we came across the leather goods tent I told Mike he was buying me one and that was it.  I love it, I think it will make a great beach hat. It looks even better with my Ray Ban Aviators.

2. Sleeping children make me happy.  Once in a while I'll even get into their beds with them and fall asleep myself.  Bonuses all around.  Sleep, plus snuggle time.

3. Bread makes me extremely happy.  My mornings are bleak if I don't have some kind of toast and topping with my coffee.  A chunk of baguette with a slice of cheddar on top.  Or toasted with warm brie. Rye with corned beef, wheat dunked in soup or stew. An everything bagel from the Bagel House in Astoria.  Just plain old white toast with butter.  Ezekiel with roasted tomatoes and a sprinkle of Parmesan.  Italian dipped in olive oil with fresh pepper and cracked sea salt......

4. My jeans make me happy.  Dark wash, light wash with holes, dressed up with black leather boots, dressed down with Birkenstocks.  Paired with black snow boots in winter, or brown Frye Cowboy boots in the fall (is there cowgirl theme here?)  The most expensive pair I own are 7 For All Mankind, the least expensive are a pair I got for $12 at Old Navy.  A pair of Daisy Dukes from college that I can juuuust fit into.  And still I will shop for more.

5. Books cover my house, so that makes me happy.  The bookcase in the living room is overflowing, books are in the family room, in the kids rooms, in the guest room, on my bedside table, in all three bathrooms.  I need a stack of unread magazines, and three books waiting to be read, or else panic sets in.  Every year on my birthday I stroll through Barnes and Noble, coffee in hand, looking for my annual present to myself.  No matter how hard I try, I always have a fine at the library for overdue books.  They make me happy.

I'm to pass this along to 5 bloggers, but I have so many blogs that I love, that I'm passing it to whoever else would like to do it. 

Be Happy.  

10 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

What type of stuff do you read?

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I havent had a good nights out that didnt involve riding x about of miles right before it, it seems when I go out, it involves a ride then we celebrate the ride right after, I need a life.

Raquelita said...

Bread and books are truly some of the best things ever!

ajh said...

I like the laugh till you cry. I was able to do a lot of laughing this weekend!
I would love to see the butter sculpture myself. And I also panic if I don't have lots of choices for reading. I always take more books than I need on vacation so I can choose what to read. I also love jeans and own so many. Although right now I can't fit in some of them so the love affair is a little weak.

Anonymous said...

Did you have any good food at the fair?

misszippy said...

You have a great list here and I can totally picture you in the jeans, boots and hat! I'm a big reader too...best way to pass time, other than running.

Erika said...

I love reading too...and nothing is better than my favorite pair of jeans! This list is great...but the bread bit makes me HUNGRY for bread...

Johann said...

Nice one! I'm a big bread fan myself. I also need a life. I don’t do much night outs ever. I usually leave those things for after my long run of the weekend and that leaves only Sunday afternoon and evening most of the time.

Lucas R. Tucker said...

I love the fair, I am still taking advantage of night out before we decide to have kids.

Anonymous said...

I love this list. Ah, now I would like a chunk of bread with some cheddar! I love jeans too. And books. :)