One of my blog buddies, Susan, passed this Circle of Friends along to me a few weeks ago. For this one you need to list 5 things that make you happy, and make sure you do them the day you post. Well, lets see.
1. I love a good night out. Like Friday night's foray to the NY State Fair, which lasts for 12 days every August. Usually its a day out with the kids, taking them on rides, looking at animals and the butter sculpture. But Friday was all about the grown ups, being silly, having beers. I laughed until I cried more than once. I also finally acquired a cowboy hat....I've wanted one for so long, and when we came across the leather goods tent I told Mike he was buying me one and that was it. I love it, I think it will make a great beach hat. It looks even better with my Ray Ban Aviators.
2. Sleeping children make me happy. Once in a while I'll even get into their beds with them and fall asleep myself. Bonuses all around. Sleep, plus snuggle time.
3. Bread makes me extremely happy. My mornings are bleak if I don't have some kind of toast and topping with my coffee. A chunk of baguette with a slice of cheddar on top. Or toasted with warm brie. Rye with corned beef, wheat dunked in soup or stew. An everything bagel from the Bagel House in Astoria. Just plain old white toast with butter. Ezekiel with roasted tomatoes and a sprinkle of Parmesan. Italian dipped in olive oil with fresh pepper and cracked sea salt......
4. My jeans make me happy. Dark wash, light wash with holes, dressed up with black leather boots, dressed down with Birkenstocks. Paired with black snow boots in winter, or brown Frye Cowboy boots in the fall (is there cowgirl theme here?) The most expensive pair I own are 7 For All Mankind, the least expensive are a pair I got for $12 at Old Navy. A pair of Daisy Dukes from college that I can juuuust fit into. And still I will shop for more.
5. Books cover my house, so that makes me happy. The bookcase in the living room is overflowing, books are in the family room, in the kids rooms, in the guest room, on my bedside table, in all three bathrooms. I need a stack of unread magazines, and three books waiting to be read, or else panic sets in. Every year on my birthday I stroll through Barnes and Noble, coffee in hand, looking for my annual present to myself. No matter how hard I try, I always have a fine at the library for overdue books. They make me happy.
I'm to pass this along to 5 bloggers, but I have so many blogs that I love, that I'm passing it to whoever else would like to do it.