Thursday, October 22, 2009

This will only take a minute


It is still Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and this is from an email I received this week:

The Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act is a bill which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for patients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about
eliminating the 'drive-through mastectomy' where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their web page with a petition drive to show your support. If you decide to sign it, you need not give more than your name and zip code.

Here is another photo from the Breast Cancer walk we all did earlier in the month.....we wore shirts honoring my mother in law and her sister, and I'm too busy yapping to pay attention to the photographer.

7 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Of course I'll do it!

Amo said...

I will sign it!

HautePinkCloset said...

I will definitely sign it!!!

Susan Fobes said...

I will definately sign. Thanks for this!
(btw: I have two awards for you at my site :)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I'm totally going to sign! Thanks so much for bringing attention to such an important cause!

Janie B said...

Done, and done!

Name: Holly Bowne said...

Thanks so much for posting about this! I'm so frustrated with insurance companies dictating medical care instead of the other way around. I'm signing it right now!