Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mellow Much?



I planned on getting outside this afternoon for a run, but I just wasn't into it. It's a grey, cold, wet day, and it took until noon to get up in the 40's, and I'm tired.

I love to sleep, I'm just not very good at it. My insomnia is acting up again, the past two nights have been horrible, I was up last night watching Baby Mamma at two in the morning wondering when I was going to fall asleep. Of course once I did get to sleep Eliza was up early asking for her Sleeping Beauty Barbie. I had to get up anyway, we had a field trip to the apple and pumpkin farm, so I needed to dig out the winter coats and boots. This weather is nuts, I haven't even had a chance to buy Eliza a coat, I put her in one that was her cousins', and way too big for her.
Mike went to the farm with us, and after lunch, we miraculously got Eliza to sleep, so I got my gear together to run. I reeeaaallly wanted to sit on the couch, but I knew I would feel better once I got out the door, so I forced myself out.

My ipod matched my mood, I had it on random, and it came up with what I think of as mellow music with a running groove. I listened to the lyrics, and thought about things, it's so true that running is a great form of therapy. I haven't posted a playlist in a while, so I thought I would share what I heard today.......

New Slang ~ The Shins
Breathe Me ~ Sia
Runaway Train ~ Soul Asylum
You Are The Sunshine of My Life ~ Stevie Wonder
Hunger Strike ~ Temple of the Dog
What's Up - 4 Non Blondes
Anyone Else But You ~ Michael Cera & Ellen Page
One ~ U2 and Mary J. Blige
Lightning Crashes ~ Live
So What ~ Pink (not mellow, I sprinted for this one)
South Side ~ Gwen Stefani & Moby
Nothing Compares 2 U....Sinead O'Connor

13 comments:

Mrs. M said...

So What is a great workout song! OH - and I totally crank that 4 Non Blondes song - LOVE IT!!

Janie B said...

Good for you for forcing yourself out there. That's usually my biggest failing...not enough force.

Liz Mays said...

I love that song by Live and of course, Temple of the Dog!

It was in the 40's here too and I am just hanging out in jammies!

Susan Fobes said...

Sometimes you can nudge yourself and you do feel better. I was supposed to work out today, but the cold and rain stopped me. (I am off tomorrow, so I vowed to do it after getting the kids on the bus tomorrow-I hope!)

btw: What's up is the perfect song for a rainy, mellow day. I'm playing it now!!!

chow and chatter said...

came over from foodbuzz you have a cute blog Rebecca

Grizzly Bear said...

It has been gloomy out here in california too. Ughhh so glad today the sun and peeked out and smiled at us today.

have a great weekend!
Grissell
stay-at-homemomwhoknew.blogspot.com

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Nothing Compares to You is FANTASTIC. I love that song :)

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

love the pic! looks like you guys had some fun, despite the weather!
you are so motivated with your running! im proud and jealous!

http://www.thewannabewahm.com

Tara said...

I have a lot of the same songs on my Ipod. I sprint to Pink too! LOL. I had totally forgotten about "Nothing compare to you". I'm going to have to download that song.
I love the pic! Your kids are such cuties.

Xenia said...

You and the exercise. Really, now.

Just kidding, I really wish I had more motivation like you and could just force myself to get moving, but I seem to always come up with another excuse not to get up off the couch. Fall is a great time of year for running though, I love the crunch of the leaves and all the beautiful colors.

yonca said...

Nothing Compares 2 U is my favorite too:) Have a beautiful day!

Felice Devine said...

Great songs.
Sorry about the insomnia. That's tough. I hope it lets up.

UpstateFoodSnob said...

Haha, My man made me a CD for valentines day & put that song from Juno on it. The one you listed "anyone else but you"........ I have never seen Juno. Should I have been offended? lol