Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Just another bit of inspiration


I think that running might be in my genes. I've written about how my dad is my health and fitness inspiration, but I have another one, my cousin, who is a marathon runner.

C ran the Duke City Marathon, in Albuquerque this past weekend. She ran a personal best, which was good enough to qualify her for the 2010 Boston Marathon. Her time was also good enough that she finished 3rd overall in the women's division. Not in her age group, but 3rd overall, this was her 13th marathon and she has two more planned.

I told her about my half marathon and how I was trying to decide what to do next, and she said to be warned, that marathons are addicting. I'm really impressed, because she also works full time and has a one year old.

I actually have a fun run coming up this weekend, it's a 5k at a local nature center, with some family members and a friend from college. It's a loop around a lake, and the way the leaves are looking, it should be a pretty run.

Don't forget to enter the Amazing Grass Giveaway.....

11 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats to C; that's awesome!

Sounds like someone may have to do a marathon sometime in her future.... :) I need some of those good running genes! Hope you have fun on your 5K, sounds like it will be a nice run.

kristen said...

1 year out from having a baby! Wow. Majorly impressive!!!

Liz Mays said...

I hope the fun run really is fun! I can't imagine!

Thomas Tan said...

Good luck at the 5K and have a great time!

Unknown said...

Good luck on the 5K, and keep thinking about that marathon!! :)

KristinFilut said...

5K's? Marathons? I can't even fathom running down the driveway! Way to go, girls!!

Mrs. M said...

I walked a marathon in 1998 and that was enough for me. But I think it's something just about everyone can at least do once. I ran a lot more before I busted my hip, now I have to stick to mostly low impact. The competitor in me would love to at least do some 5K's again! :-)

Amo said...

I've heard that marathons are addictive from my friends who run. I, on the other hand, have never found any form of physical exertion to be addictive, but I'm sure that's just me.

Twincerely,Olga said...

just saying hi! I hope your girls pictures turn out great!! Have fun in the 5k! I did a half marathon last year and it was a great feeling to finish! Now I'm sticking to 5k's.Stop by

Unknown said...

I have never did a marathon...I dont think I could do it. Good Luck and go for it!

HautePinkCloset said...

I would just like to say you rock, good luck on the 5k run!