Monday, October 5, 2009

since I can't challenge myself enough....

This week is going to be about resting, and eating well.

All my aches and pains are much better. However, my ankle is still feeling sore, but it isn't puffy like it was after the half marathon, so I don't know what the heck is going on with it. I got on the treadmill on Thursday and after a mile, I had to stop. Not because of pain, but because of the big brown spot on the basement wall. After looking around, I discovered our hot water tank bit the dust. Water everywhere in the laundry room, and a soaked carpeted floor in the playroom. So I traded running cardio for mopping cardio.

I went for a four mile run on Saturday around the hood, I stopped once because the ankle started to ache. I walked a bit, pain went away, so I kept going. I was afraid to go any further than four miles so I headed home. At any rate, it was lovely to be outside on a run, with all that was going on this past weekend.

So I decided this will be a rest week. I'm switching my focus to my diet. I joined Kelly's Four Week Nutrition Challenge. The goal is to acquire 18 points per week. Each day you count 1 point if you eat 4 veggies. Another point, if you have 3 fruits. One point if you avoid overeating or splurging. My splurging involves picking from the kid's plates, eating candy corn or chocolate, or eating any of Mike's crappy chips. I'm also giving up my weeknight wine, and keeping it to the weekends. So we'll see how this one goes.

Did I just say no week night wine?!??!

17 comments:

Mrs. M said...

Good luck! I keep wanting to buy candy corn REALLY bad but I know I will just eat it all...so I resist! Have a great week!!

Susan Fobes said...

Oh no, not the wine! lol :) Seriously, getting enough fruits and veggies isn't hard if you remember it's only 1/2 a cup that makes a serving. That is pretty small and totally doable most days.

btw: thanks for your kind comments about new design. I am still thinking about things...

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo!! I'm so excited you are in. Now you need to pick a reward for completing the challenge. What's a challenge if there's not a prize at the end, right?

Xenia said...

How many points for chocolate, again? I'm not a candy corn fan, but those mini candy bars that are going to show up in my daughter's trick-or-treat bag? YUM.

Jennifer said...

I just used your code to order more Amazing Grass! I saved $10! : ) I got a giant container since Nicole is using it too.

kristen said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. You reminded me of mine. He used to call me, "babes"

RIP grandpa's.

Amo said...

I am not a fan of candy corn, but my downfall is chocolate. I eat M&Ms like crazy. Love them. Especially peanut M&Ms. My husband and I have actually gotten into fights over me buying them. Did I say I love them?

Theta Mom said...

OK, no week night wine... you MUST tell me how that goes! I don't think I have the will power for that right now! Loving some good candy corn, though. It isn't Halloween time without it!

Liz Mays said...

Those glasses of wine are what get us TO the weekend! LOL

I'm following now from MBC Follow me Club! Welcome!

tina reynolds said...

Good luck I am trying hard to give up candy and coke!
Following from MBC

Eliza Returns said...

That sounds like a wonderful challenge and keeping score is genius ... it will feel like a game! :P

Hope your ankle gets better soon!

Thanks for the tip on the Amazing Grass, BTW!

Susan Berlien said...

Good for you, I've got the aches and pains this week. I struggle with the eating healthy issue.

Nicole @ Chic and Cheap Nursery said...

"So I traded running cardio for mopping cardio" <-- too funny!

Glad to hear you're recovering!

No week night wine? I don't even know you anymore. :)

Lora said...

Good for you!

Visiting you from SITS--have a great day!

Tara said...

First of all....I'm sorry about your Grandpa.

Second: Did you just say no weeknight wine? GIRL....you're a better woman then I am!

Good luck with your challenge. :)

B.o.B. said...

Good for you! I love candy corn. It's very hard to resist. I live with a person who eats bad food all the time. It's tough to avoid when it's in your face. Good luck!

Kati Aileen said...

Aww I'm sorry about your hotwater heater. That sucks. Glad your running again. Good luck on your diet.