Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Run


I think my week of rest made a difference, just returned from a six mile run and I'm feeling good. Today it's sunny, although it's hovering around 50 degrees, the leaves are still changing as well as falling, which I love crunching into as I run along. I brought my camera to take some photos while I did my loop around my neighborhood. I made a game of it, after I stopped to take a photo, I would sprint to get my heart rate up again. Today I decided to ask for a Garmin for Christmas, I felt like I had a strong pace, but I want to start tracking it to know for sure. Right now the only thing I do is write my miles on the kitchen calendar. My ankle felt a bit sore as I started mile 2, but I walked for a couple of minutes, then was able to keep going pain free, I've got an ice pack on it to be on the safe side.
This is on the path near my house...



This is where I stopped to adjust my underwear, thinking I was alone....until this guy ran past me, so I guess I wasn't.



This is the lake down at the end of my street. It's the perfect distance to walk the kids to, when I'm trying to fill that short time after school but before dinner. I get paranoid when I run by people who are fishing, I'm always afraid I'll get a fish hook in my eye a la "There's Something About Mary."




I thought about how I need to pick my next big race, I'd like to do another half marathon sometime soon. I saw J last night, and we talked about the Mountain Goat, which is a popular 10 mile run in the city of Syracuse. I've been afraid of it because it is verrrry hilly, I can take hills, but these hills are steep, and they are plentiful. The race isn't until next May, but we tackled a half marathon, so I think we can take on a little old Goat.
My ipod was annoying me, I had it on shuffle, and every song that came up was slow, it's hard to run fast when listening to the Mama's and the Papa's. Speaking of which, what is UP with that whole MacKenzie/John Philips scandal? Nutty. I need some new running tunes, any suggestions?

11 comments:

Susan Fobes said...

The pictures are breathtaking! They almost (I repeat-almost) make me want to go running. You make six miles sound like six yards and I am more than a little impressed... Go for the goat!

Mrs. M said...

What a beautiful area for a run!

Relentless Forward Commotion said...

wow , this makes me miss New England! The fish hook in the eye...uggh! Make me gag just thinking of it, lol!

kristen said...

Ohhh I hope you get a Garmin. you wont regret spending the money on it. I love mine!! I think it's really stepped up my running game too!

Nice pictures. Looks like a great place to run.

yonca said...

Great pics Molly!

Amo said...

I can't believe these pictures are taken around you house! Gorgeous!!! I'm jealous!

Tara said...

Wow, what gorgoeus pcs! I love the fall colors and leaves crunching beneath your feet as you run. I think that Denver went straight from summer to winter this year!!
Good job on your run girl and I hope you get that Garmin. It's very sad to say, but....I can't live without mine these days.

Mandee said...

What a beautiful place to run! Great pics! :)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures. Thanks for your comment today.. I am pretty sure that I would be too stressed to be a bandit. I am flexing some creative muscle to find a way to make it work..

Tamara said...

Gorgeous fall pics!!
Tamara
http://www.homespunheartscandles.blogspot.com

Sarah Brown said...

Those pictures are STUNNING!
I miss the fall colors of PA and Mo.
Living in AZ we have great winters but sure miss the color of the fall season.

Stopping by from SITS
http://sarahbrownsfavoritethings.blogspot.com/