I never posted our Christmas card photo, here it is, but in our cards it was black and white.
What a week, our whole family got hit with a nasty stomach bug. These are the times when I really appreciate having three bathrooms. I may hate cleaning them all the time, but they come in handy when you have more than one person urgently needing one, at the same time! At one point Mike and I were both sick and Eliza took it upon herself to get her own breakfast one morning. After pushing a stool over to the fridge, she swiped a yogurt drink, made a little hole in the foil, then sucked it down. I feel like I shouldn't complain though, after seeing all the images from Haiti, it's breaking my heart to see all that devastation. Another reminder of how lucky we are.
Well, anyway, I met some new Blog "friends" this week, via Felice at The Happy Runner. She made a list of Upstate NY Bloggers, and I'm one of them! I was tagged by Ajh at Age Groups Rock, for a 10 Things That Make Me Happy list. I've done a few of these, so I figured I'd mix it up, and do 5 things about Running that make me happy, and 5 things about Cooking that make me happy! So here goes:
1. I love how can run alone, or with others, inside, or outside
2. I love how after the first mile, I get into that great running "groove"
3. I love getting all sweaty after a run
4. I love to make playlists to help me dance along as I run
5. I love setting new goals for myself, they can be as small as doing a bunch of hills in one run, or running a half marathon
1. I love the whole process, planning, shopping, chopping, mixing, stirring (with a glass of wine at my side of course)
2. I love to make a bunch of food, and freeze half of it, for nights I don't feel like cooking
3. I love to make people happy with food, I can get my husband to do anything, I just have to bake him some cookies.
4. I love to look at a recipe, but tweak it to my liking, by adding some things, and subtracting others.
5. I love how I can control what goes into my food, to make it healthy for my family.
Now I need to tag 10 people, so here we go:
Kelly at My Life as a Trimommy
Jennifer at Arcane Matters
Kristin at Will Run For Wine
Nikki at Simple Travels in my homeland
Nicole at The Wannabe Wahm
The Girl with the Flour in her hair at Peeling an Orange with a screwdriver
Cailin Marie at 5 kids, 2 labs, 1 lizard and a Hermit Crab
Lauren at Mud Mama
Teri at the Mighty M Family
MP at Mary Poppins in Heels