Monday, January 18, 2010

What can I find in my fridge......


Mike is gone again this week for work, so that means Dinner For One is back in effect. I've been eating leftover beef stew for the last three meals, but today I found a can of tuna and threw that into a salad. There is an extra baked sweet potato in the fridge that I'll probably have later, topped with plain greek yogurt. I'm loving that thick, fat free goodness, I've been using it in place of sour cream, and I don't notice a difference.

I like to see what I can come up with for a meal, based on what's in the house. I'm good about planning meals for the kids, and for me and Mike, but I like to have a day to just finish up whatever is hanging around the kitchen. I was looking at my pictures from Christmas, and found this photo of shrimp nachos. I've been taking more food pictures because I post them to my foodbuzz profile. I was pretty happy about these nachos, made from leftovers from our New Years Eve party: organic blue corn tortilla chips, leftover shrimp cocktail (minus the sauce), carmelized onions, kidney beans, white cheddar cheese, salsa, guacamole and greek yogurt. It took ten minutes to throw together, then a few more under the broiler and they were kill-ER....

17 comments:

yonca said...

Looks and sounds delicious. Love yogurt topping. It is a lot healthier than sour cream.

Unknown said...

I've been eating so much Greek yogurt lately, too. My fave is 1/2 an apple, 1/2 cup yogurt, cinnamon, walnuts and a squirt of agave.

tanya said...

Looks so delicious.

Your blog is the first blog I have read in over 2 months.
The blogs and amount of readers you have are inspiring.

Mrs. M said...

I will have to try your tip about using greek yogurt instead of sour cream!

Patrick said...

That looks VERY good and now I am VERY hungry! :)

ajh said...

looks great!

Flory said...

Shrimp with nachos sounds yummy. I'm also known for taking leftovers and putting them all together.

Amo said...

I'm starving. Those nachos look amazing!

mudmama said...

looks yummy! i love greek yogurt too

Mary Poppins in Heels said...

Wow, does this look (and sound) amazing! You can't beat cleaning out the refrigerator AND making a delicious dish all at once!

Lacey said...

yum!

Theta Mom said...

I love shrimp! Never thought of it with nachos, looks yummy!

Unknown said...

sounds yummy. I have been wanting to try that greek yogurt

Tara said...

That looks YUMMY! I'm going to have to go check out your food profile.

I've been using greek yogurt as a sub for sour cream too and I agree, you can't tell the difference!

Tara said...

Where are you listed on the food buzz?

BTW-Thanks for all of the music suggestions. I'm going to load them on my Ipod this weekend!

Simply Mel said...

Ooh! Looks delicious! I'm going to check out the other recipes on your profile too. :)

Unknown said...

You certainly are creative in the kitchen! Just stopped by from SITS to say hi; hope you will do the same.

I've been pretty lucky..most times I get comments from SITS.