I've got some new additions to my sidebar, and they both make me happy.
I admire people who have an interest in something, and take it to a whole new level. A friend of mine from college is a perfect example. He's been playing lacrosse for over 24 years, and is a teacher and varsity coach in Westchester, NY. He started Wendol Worldwide Athletics, boys & girls sports camps and clinics, for students of all ages and skill levels. He believes that all children can learn and excel in athletics, and become team players as they maximize their potential. The clinics run throughout the year, and I'm sure he's already gearing up his two year old for his future in lacrosse!
To top it off, he started a clothing line, Gargoyle Athletics, tshirts and skull caps with funky Gargoyle characters like this one:
so check his site out.....and fyi, I wrote about Gargoyle Athletics because I wanted to, I'm not being compensated for my views. : )
There's lots of happiness floating around the blogosphere lately....I was tagged last week for a happiness post which I split between running and cooking. Now over the weekend, I was tagged again by Susan from Family Formula, and Bella from La Bella Vita passed the Happiness Award to me.
I need to list 10 things that make me happy......
1. taking walks with my kids
2. thick socks
3. talks with Mike, where we catch up on what's going on in our family, and in the world
4. a full refrigerator
5. the Fab Six - my group of girlfriends, we've known each other for over 25 years
6. bodies of water, either the beaches of Long Island, or lakes in the Adirondacks
7. a clean house
8. when I'm flipping channels and find a good old movie to watch, when I say old, I mean the '80's
9. classic rock, disco, rap, and grunge
10.a book that is so good you hate to finish it