Monday, January 25, 2010

Sidebar Bling






I've got some new additions to my sidebar, and they both make me happy.

I admire people who have an interest in something, and take it to a whole new level. A friend of mine from college is a perfect example. He's been playing lacrosse for over 24 years, and is a teacher and varsity coach in Westchester, NY. He started Wendol Worldwide Athletics, boys & girls sports camps and clinics, for students of all ages and skill levels. He believes that all children can learn and excel in athletics, and become team players as they maximize their potential. The clinics run throughout the year, and I'm sure he's already gearing up his two year old for his future in lacrosse!
To top it off, he started a clothing line, Gargoyle Athletics, tshirts and skull caps with funky Gargoyle characters like this one:




so check his site out.....and fyi, I wrote about Gargoyle Athletics because I wanted to, I'm not being compensated for my views. : )

There's lots of happiness floating around the blogosphere lately....I was tagged last week for a happiness post which I split between running and cooking. Now over the weekend, I was tagged again by Susan from Family Formula, and Bella from La Bella Vita passed the Happiness Award to me.

I need to list 10 things that make me happy......

1. taking walks with my kids
2. thick socks
3. talks with Mike, where we catch up on what's going on in our family, and in the world
4. a full refrigerator
5. the Fab Six - my group of girlfriends, we've known each other for over 25 years
6. bodies of water, either the beaches of Long Island, or lakes in the Adirondacks
7. a clean house
8. when I'm flipping channels and find a good old movie to watch, when I say old, I mean the '80's
9. classic rock, disco, rap, and grunge
10.a book that is so good you hate to finish it
happy happy.

12 comments:

Pining for Pinterest said...

I love love love 80's movies! My husband always makes fun of me, but they are awesome!

yonca said...

I agree..I really enjoy watching 80's classic movies.

Unknown said...

I love the beaches and the old 80's movies

Brad said...

Cool stuff, would make a good tattoo?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your award! I love a full fridge too - so many possibilities.

Small Burst said...

This is a great list! You've covered most of mine. Visiting from MBC.

kristen said...

#8 & 10 - Totally! Love 80's movies!!

ajh said...

I'd go with the bodies of water from the river I run next to the ocean. There is something so special about water!

B.o.B. said...

Loving your list lady! (Holy alliteration!) I need a good book right now.

Thanks for the condolences. They are much appreciated.

Susan Fobes said...

You're right-a full refrigerator makes me happy too! (I am also crazy about the ocean and manage to plan our vacation around some shoreline.) Nice list!

Erin (Travel, Eat, Repeat) said...

I love your Top 10 list and especially a full fridge... totally necessary. :)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Love reading your list of Happy! :o)

I came across your blog from another and it was fun to see this Happy Award here. Our daughter started this Happy 101 Award, and I have it posted on my sidebar with a link to her post when she first created it and passed it along.

Blessings & Aloha! & Have a Happy Day! :o)