Thursday, June 25, 2009

My babes








HBO has a great animated series called Classical Baby, it's a half hour show of music, art and our favorite, poetry. Different poems are read beautifully by actors and children, it cracks me up when Luke speaks along with Andy Garcia during "Mariposa".

The very last poem is read by Gwyneth Paltow, after a baby bunny asks his mother how much she loves him. When she recites Sonnet 43
by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, it brings me to
tears, thinking of how much I love my goofy kids.

How Do I Love Thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth, and height, my soul can reach,
when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's most quiet need,by sun, and candle light.
I love three freely,
as men strive for right.
I love thee purely,
as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
in my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love three with a love I seemed to lose
with my lost saints.
I love thee with the breath, smiles, tears,
of all my life.
And, if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.


These photos were taken by L&E when we were hanging out in the yard. I think they came out pretty well, especially since I was still dirty from my run.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures are great and I couldn't tell that you had been running.
I almost cried reading that poem. I don't think I've ever heard the whole thing before.
I love this post.

klawellin said...

I would love to follow!

My link is:

www.thelawellinfamily.blogspot.com

Thanks!

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful post! I love the pics - you look fabulous Molly.