Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The C Word


No, not cheeseburger. I had to take a picture of the burgers I made the kids the other day, I think I've perfected my grill mark technique.


It's that bad cancer word. I don't know any other word that people universally shudder at. This was the lousy news I got two weeks ago about a very close family member. And boy does it suck. The C Word has popped up a few times in my family, but breast cancer has stayed away for the most part. I feel like it's been a vulture that has circled us, but visited other people. But this time it's decided to land.

I'm tying to help out others by being the strong one, saying, let's not get ahead of ourselves needlessly. The first hurdle will be the surgery. So let's just stay in a holding pattern until then. But then you get hit with news of another test, whose results say radiation and chemo are a definite. And then it's hard not to say what if.




2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ugh. That's awful. I hope the surgery and radiation and chemo kills every last cell.

Elizabeth said...

So sorry Molly! What terrible news. I'll start praying...